PDA

View Full Version : Shameless Plug: My FT Blog

GMcClain20
06-10-2008, 14:52
Hey there FT hikers, I have started a blog recently to catalog my adventures on our trail. If you have some time check out some of the reports and photos from my local hikes. I also plan on blogging my Foothills Trail hike coming up in a few weeks on this blog. You can find it by clicking this link (http://travisinthebackcountry.blogspot.com/).

Happy trails,
Travis

MagicSFK
06-10-2008, 19:01
Thanks for the link, Travis. I'll be sure to check it out.

GMcClain20
06-10-2008, 20:59
Please let me know if you have any advice or comments on the layout, content, etc. Critique is encouraged. Happy viewing!

wahoo
06-11-2008, 09:05
Cool! I've been keeping a blog recently as well. It's good to see people finally sharing their experiences here on the FT.
Now we have to get more people to post on blogs, forums, etc...!

GMcClain20
06-12-2008, 09:54
Wahoo,

Doing what we are (blogging,websites, etc) is the only way to spark local interest and show the hiking community there is a market and demand for Florida hiking. I browsed through your site and bookmarked you. I like your blog. What do you say you link to me and I'll link to you through my blog?

Maybe we can collaborate on a hike in the near future, and bring it to the online community!?

wahoo
06-13-2008, 09:09
Travis-
You are right on track! There's not much online activity in regards to the Florida Trail or Florida hiking in general. There's a couple of sites, but not much in the way of personal experience. It's good to see other people getting blogs together and sharing information.
As a community, we need more people to regularly post on forums and share information, stories, tips, etc as well.
I'll get a link added, and let's work on a hike plan. I see you are up in Palatka, I'm not too far away, Citrus/Sumter county.

MOWGLI
06-13-2008, 09:11
Here's a story that might be of interest to FT enthusiasts. Link to it if you like.

http://americanhiking.chattablogs.com/archives/068670.html

GMcClain20
06-13-2008, 13:54
Mowgli, thanks for the link, I linked to it in my blog, a good read!

Wahoo, I've linked to you through my blog. You have a nice layout to your blog! When I get back from the Foothills trail I'll contact you about planning a hike. Be considering a couple trail sections you might like to hike and we'll figure something out. I see you are posting videos, that's a great addition, adds a lot of exposure for the trail!

One other thing I do, that you may consider, if you check any log book/register where I have been I always leave my blog address. I think one way to connect the FT community is showing the actual hikers on the ground that may not be online that there is a community out there networking.

Sailor (The other one)
06-13-2008, 18:31
Hey Travis, Wahoo,

Here's mine. Can I add links to both of yours?

http://www.brownkatz.com/Outdoors.htm

wahoo
06-13-2008, 22:30
Sure thing! I'll get you added to my link list as well.

Keep 'em coming, folks. The more Florida hiking/outdoors blogs we can find and share, the better it is for everyone!

GMcClain20
06-14-2008, 09:39
Sure thing, I'll add your link after this posts.

If we can get a ripe pool of Florida Hiking blogs and websites we'd be well on our way to establishing a network. With a large enough network we could do something crazy, like I dunno, flood this forum with posts (which would cause the worst case of envy for the other forums), or maybe be forced to charter a new web-home................OrangeBlaze.net!!!!!!!!

:banana:banana:banana:banana

The possibilities are endless, because you can't measure ambition!

Happy Trails,
Travis

floridahikes
08-22-2008, 18:08
Hi! I've been out of the loop for a while but back online. Your hiking blog is one I haven't come across before. Mind if I add it to my blogroll of Florida hiking blogs (counting 15, now, that I know of)? :sun

http://www.floridahikes.com/blog

Cheers, Navigator

cowboy nichols
08-22-2008, 18:33
Thank you , I've been here in Tallahassee for some time and was looking for some local info for trails . Thanks again.

wahoo
08-24-2008, 23:03
I think Travis got ate by a gator or something...haven't heard from him in a while...

Come back, Travis!

BumpJumper
08-31-2008, 08:48
You guys are great. I am always looking to hook up with some Florida hikers and read some great blogs.
Travis, you need to write a book.:sun