PDA

View Full Version : How do you spell HOT

partinj
06-12-2008, 12:17
I caan put my coffee water outside for five min. and more then hot enough to make coffee.
:sun

envirodiver
06-12-2008, 12:20
The most miserably hot place I've ever been is Houston, TX. Not the highest temp., but man it is bad.

wilconow
06-12-2008, 12:20
I would ask why this isn't in the humor forum, but..

whitefoot_hp
06-12-2008, 12:27
I would ask why this isn't in the humor forum, but..

i would ask why people really care where threads are categorized, but...

partinj
06-12-2008, 12:29
Lokk thur the forms did not see one for humor where is the humor forms

The Solemates
06-12-2008, 13:34
thats why im headed to leadville today! its been snowing the past 2 days...

Tipi Walter
06-12-2008, 14:28
My hottest spots:

I camped in South Dakota in July on two 14 day trips(Rosebud Reservation)and gotta say the daylight sun and heat cooked up everything. The tent was impossible to use during the day. At night it cooled down considerably.

Another hot and miserable backpacking/hitchiking trip was to Chapel Hill/Durham NC one summer season when the muggy temps hit high but I was used instead to the high NC mountain low-humidity and the cool shaded air. I just wanted to get out of the lowlands. There's nothing quite like hitchiking in hot degrees, spending all day with your pack by the side of some Interstate and camping at night in the closest treeline. All you want is a few nights in the nearest motel.

Backpacking in the jungles of Panama also were exercises in misery. Big ants, big snakes, big mosquitos, and little leeches. Everything stung or bit, and the heat was awful.

Lately, my summer backpacking in southeast Tennessee can be hot and sweat-drenching, especially when climbing a stiff hill with a full load. There's no breeze and nowhere to run. But's eventually comes a shaded campsite and some relief, and swimholes abound.

I pity the PCT types who start out in Mexico in July/August. Gotta be rough and you gotta carry some water. Our biggest problem here is the humidity.

kappy0405
06-12-2008, 16:56
i was shingling a roof today.. We brought a thermometer up to the top, just to see how hot it was.. It read 105 in the shade. We then put it at the peak of the roof and within a few minutes it shot up to 125.. it ended up bursting a few minutes later.. Thats HOT, and Im in Chicago. lol

It was the most miserable day of my life...

And Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST women alive.. by far.

modiyooch
06-12-2008, 21:54
I left my credit card in the console of my car and it warped.

Bare Bear
06-13-2008, 00:31
Hands down, the Parker Strip on the Colorado River. Earp, Ca is across the River from Parker Arizona. August 2005 I was sitting in the shaded pool area and they had a thermometer at the bar that read 126F...........I asked if it were right and they said yes so I went back to Fl where it has never been hotter than 99F where I live. EVER!

ed bell
06-14-2008, 16:32
i would ask why people really care where threads are categorized, but...Easier to search topics? Keeps related material together? Provides an easy way to submit a question or post in a category where answers or feedback are maximized? Elimination of useless or extraneous information? I would pose these as statements instead of questions, but...

Congaree Swamp NP in early August.:sun

dmax
06-14-2008, 16:36
Anza Borago when I was a youth and Cumberland Island a few years ago.

ed bell
06-14-2008, 16:37
Anza Borago when I was a youth and Cumberland Island a few years ago.I love Cumberland Island! Maybe not so much in summer.:cool:

CrumbSnatcher
06-14-2008, 17:38
how do i spell hot, wearing jeans and a hard hat all day, laying 12''x16''x8'' 100 pound blocks on a commercial job site! with no shade.hiking is easy.(not always)but i enjoy both or i wouldn't do either:)