PDA

View Full Version : Help, please, with ATHiking Podcast

budforester
06-19-2008, 11:09
Maybe some of you could help me with the podcast... please forgive my ignorance. Thanks Toothless; I just listened to the 1st episode podcast… well done and great info.
1. Am I supposed to get video with it? It seems to be set up in an MP3 format and my computer opens it in Media Player.
2. Is it OK to tie up the lines playing the cast or does etiquette demand that I save it to my computer and play it from there?

budforester
06-19-2008, 20:16
Maybe some of you could help me with the podcast... please forgive my ignorance. Thanks Toothless; I just listened to the 1st episode podcast… well done and great info.
1. Am I supposed to get video with it? It seems to be set up in an MP3 format and my computer opens it in Media Player.
2. Is it OK to tie up the lines playing the cast or does etiquette demand that I save it to my computer and play it from there?

I guess my questions were too dumb to merit a reply.

Jason of the Woods
06-19-2008, 20:19
People here are too busy complaining about things to help with legitimate questions. Sad, really. I would help if I knew anything about it.

Appalachian Tater
06-19-2008, 20:22
1. No, there's no video, it's audio only. Media Player can handle both audio and audio-video files. You could specify on your computer for it to handle mp3s differently, for instance, on my computer, I have it set for iTunes to open them.

2. It wouldn't matter, the bandwidth would be the same either way unless you listen to it more than once. You would probably be better off downloading it, only takes a second. You couldn't put it on your iPod if you didn't download it, anyway, and that's why they call it a podcast. They are very small files so the bandwidth is almost irrelevant. I guess if it were downloaded a very many times, it would add up, but the audience is limited. If it were a recording of some celebrity doing something naughty, it might be an issue. It would take up very little space on your computer as well.

Appalachian Tater
06-19-2008, 20:25
I guess my questions were too dumb to merit a reply.No they're not dumb. No legitimate question is dumb. :sun

People here are too busy complaining about things to help with legitimate questions. Sad, really. I would help if I knew anything about it.Well, you're complaining about people complaining. :eek:

gunn parker
06-19-2008, 20:28
HI
You could always do as I have done and that is to download each podcast as an mp3 to my PC then I burnt them all to a cd to play in my car on the way to and from work.
Gunn

budforester
06-19-2008, 21:43
Thanks y'all; I'm grateful for the assist.