PDA

View Full Version : Hostel Wish List

Storyteller56
06-19-2008, 11:40
Hello to all you wonderfull Trailheads,
Many of you know me as Storyteller, I thought it was about time I signup
& say hello to all. Many of you will remember me from Neels Gap, where I
spent 5 weeks working for Winton Porter the owner of Mtn. Crossings.
Let me tell you he is truly one of the most wonderfull people that I have ever met in my life. He is truly an Angel who does a wonderfull job of taking care us. He & his stalf a great group of knowledgable people are not only good at their job, but are extremely friendly & helpfull. Any person planning on doing the trail I would strongly recomend that you stop at Mtn. Crossing's before you start the trail & let them show you how to pack & what to take. Beleive me it will save you at lot of headaches & hassles. In those five weeks I enjoyed giving out cupcakes to all you thru hikers & running many of you into town to the buffet & grocery store.
Hopefully alll are doing well & still on the trail. I am up in a small village called Troutdale, Va. I am spending 3 day at the Baptist church hostel,
where I am currently digging 175' of trench so I can install a new waterline up to the bunkhouse. The preacher mentioned to me yesterday that he regrets that they can not provide laundry facility's to us hiker's
as their septic system is not adequate. They have a nice bunkhouse &
shower rooms but are forced to rent 2 Porta John's because of the septic system. So I would like to put it out to the universe that maybe some kind souls might see fit to donate the nessacary materials to build a new septic system. I have the experience to do the job & will gladly return to do all the nessacary work should the universe provide the materials, as this is such a delightful little village. I will return to the trail tomorrow to catch up to a few of my trail friends. So a good day to all Happy Trails & be safe.
Storyteller

warraghiyagey
06-19-2008, 11:47
:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome