PDA

View Full Version : looking to hike a month or so on the AT-ready!

carrol
06-20-2008, 00:03
I'm a teacher! School's out for the summer and I'm ready to hike again!
I'll check back here for the next few days while getting things together and then I'll be off!
We could share the ride if anyone is heading up from Florida. I live in Clearwater.
I've already sectioned hiked from Georgia to mid Virginia, so I'm really looking for someone to do a section north of that area, but with gas being so high, I am flexible.
I just want to hike and I'm ready to head out of Florida and hit the mountains!
email me. Carrol

fiddlehead
06-20-2008, 00:39
You are admirable for posting this as it's one way hikers can continue to section hike without paying super high fuel costs.
I would be wary of putting your phone no. out there though. (security reasons)
I believe it's probably better to wait and PM each other after you get some takers.
Just my 2 cents.
but thanks. Hitchiking was always my preffered method of travel but i realize it's not so easy or safe in the US anymore. This is a possible option to paying the whole way yourself.
I just can imagine the crooks out there eying up the possibilities.
Be careful and have a great hike.

CherrypieScout
06-20-2008, 08:12
I will reply by PM. I am a teacher who will be hiking a section 175 miles - 100 of it will be the Shenandoah's

jonesat11
06-24-2008, 21:50
I did the same area last year and it was great. I ran into a lot of thru hikers, what a blast. bob from Florida Trail
Be sure to stop at Harpers Ferry and the AT headquarters. Nice hike over the river there.