PDA

View Full Version : Nashville, Tn Pizza nite 6/25

Shadowmoss
06-20-2008, 09:44
It's time for another Hikers and Hangers get together in Nashville. I get back in town tonight, and am thinking next Wednesday would be a good time to get together at Fletchers again. I'm open to the night, I know neo and ewker have conflicts, so I hope they will remind me what night it is that works for everyone.

I posted this on Hammock Forums, too. Hope to get a few of you out for some pizza and beverage of choice.

envirodiver
06-20-2008, 09:45
Sounds good to me.

Two Speed
06-20-2008, 10:02
Have a round of Undrinkium on me!

Shadowmoss was gonna charge it to my account anyway. :cool:

Shadowmoss
06-20-2008, 10:09
Two Bit: noted. and, yes, it was going on your tab anyway.

envirodiver
06-20-2008, 10:13
Sounds even better to me now. :sun

Lilred
06-20-2008, 10:55
Count me in. Shadowmoss, I'll bring your hammock.

Shadowmoss
06-20-2008, 11:06
Lilred: Shiloh says hi and said he left you some messages in the registers. He was in Delaware Water Gap last night.

Did the hammock lure you to the dark side yet?

Rain Man
06-20-2008, 12:31
I do believe I can make it!

Rain:sunMan

Cuffs
06-20-2008, 12:38
LILRED! Are you off weekdays? I may go if we can get in a day hike in Radnor or other nearby place... anyone else off weekdays welcome to join. Not making the drive up just for food tho!

Two Speed
06-20-2008, 12:52
Two Bit: noted. and, yes, it was going on your tab anyway.'Tsokay. I've been charging it off on as the Cap'n's pain med. ;)

neo
06-20-2008, 13:13
:)count me in i will be there:cool:neo

Bearpaw
06-20-2008, 14:04
Sleeps With Skunks and I plan to be there.

Does any one have a time in mind?

neo
06-20-2008, 14:22
Sleeps With Skunks and I plan to be there.

Does any one have a time in mind?

we usaully all get there around 600pm and break up around 830pm
being that it is a week nite:cool:neo

Rain Man
06-20-2008, 14:23
LILRED! Are you off weekdays? I may go if we can get in a day hike in Radnor or other nearby place... anyone else off weekdays welcome to join. Not making the drive up just for food tho!

I have to be in court that morning, but expect to have the afternoon "free," if there's a hike at Radnor. Indeed, I expect to be hiking Radnor every day for the next two weeks in preparation for my July 4th weekend hike on the AT.

If y'all need to shower after the hike, you're welcome to come by our house. It's on the way.

Rain Man
06-20-2008, 14:26
Count me in. Shadowmoss, I'll bring your hammock.

If anyone would like, I'll bring my newly-modified HH for folks to look at. I had 2Questions' wife put zippers in on both sides. I am very happy with her work and the way it turned out. I had thought of selling it, but now I'll be keeping it.

neo
06-20-2008, 14:29
If anyone would like, I'll bring my newly-modified HH for folks to look at. I had 2Questions' wife put zippers in on both sides. I am very happy with her work and the way it turned out. I had thought of selling it, but now I'll be keeping it.

i am sending a hennessey hammock to them next month:cool:neo

Lilred
06-20-2008, 23:02

Cuffs, yes I am off of school and free to go hiking. If you want to come up, I'd love to go hiking with you.

HikerRanky
06-20-2008, 23:08
Would love to join in, but will be out of town next week....:mad::mad::mad:

You all have a great time!

Jack Tarlin
06-20-2008, 23:09
Hmmm...

So according to Neo, you generally meet at 6 or so and break up by 8:30.

You wild and crazy guys!!

I guess we do it different in New Hampshire. :D

Shadowmoss
06-21-2008, 10:16
So, in NH you can post that you want to go out to a neighborhood pizza place one weekend night and within about 24 hours 6 or 8 or more of your friends (some of whom you haven't met in person yet) will chime in and not only plan to go eat pizza with you but spawn off hiking trips? One thing about the Nashville H&H scene, if someone says party, the only questions are when and where? :)

Like neo said, its a weeknight. This is just a quick get together and catch up evening. We'll plan a real party while we eat pizza probably.

Lilred
06-21-2008, 10:28
Hmmm...

So according to Neo, you generally meet at 6 or so and break up by 8:30.

You wild and crazy guys!!

I guess we do it different in New Hampshire. :D

Well Jack, you're welcome to come along and show us how it's done.......;)

MOWGLI
06-21-2008, 10:42
Have a good time. I was hoping to join one of these days, but with the price of gas @ nearly $4/gallon, I'd have to see a loan officer before making the trip. Maybe some day it'll happen on a day I find myself in Nashville. I'll be in town on June 30 on business.

Cuffs
06-21-2008, 12:13
Is there camping at Radnor or near by? Might consider driving up for the dinner, camp overnight then day hike the next day...

Shadowmoss
06-21-2008, 14:20
Mowgli: What part of town, and if you are around after I get off work I'd love to meet for coffee/dinner/beer or whatever fits. I work in Clarksville, so it is 6 before I can get to Nashvegas, but I live in Nashvegas so I'm good to go once I get down here.

MOWGLI
06-21-2008, 14:32
Mowgli: What part of town, and if you are around after I get off work I'd love to meet for coffee/dinner/beer or whatever fits. I work in Clarksville, so it is 6 before I can get to Nashvegas, but I live in Nashvegas so I'm good to go once I get down here.

I'll be in north Nashville until around 6 PM - give or take. Any good coffee shops in town? I'll be heading back to Chattanooga.

Rain Man
06-21-2008, 14:46
Is there camping at Radnor or near by? Might consider driving up for the dinner, camp overnight then day hike the next day...

Absolutely no camping at Radnor State Natural Area, no. Place closes up tight at dusk.

Google "Beaman Park" and see if they allow camping there. That's the only other place in the county that comes to mind, though maybe out on the lake. Hmmm... maybe some others will speak up. Or you could check with Cumberland Transit outfitters. I bet they would know. The Natchez Trace has camping up and down it and its not too far away.

Shadowmoss
06-21-2008, 15:24
Beaman park doesn't allow camping, either.

Mowgli, I live on the north side. I'll look around for a coffee house. As neo mentioned, on a weeknight we don't tend to stay out late :) .

Cuffs
06-21-2008, 20:38
Anyone who is planning on attending own a ULA Catalyst? I'd like to try it on if possible....?

Rain Man
06-21-2008, 22:32
Hey Nashville folks, don't forget that the featured speaker this Tuesday night for the Nashville Chapter of the Tennessee Trails Association is .... yours truly!

All are welcome. I'll be talking about my thru-hike of the Shenandoah National Park last June with my daughter. I even have some purdy pitchers to show!

Lost My Mind
06-22-2008, 02:32
I plan to be there, also. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Cuffs, there is camping available at three different sites on Percy Priest Lake. May be something there for you.

Lilred
06-22-2008, 12:15
Cuffs, you know you're welcome to stay at my place again......

I don't have a catalyst, but I do have the P-2, which is the older version of the catalyst. I could bring it fully loaded and let you get the feel of it if you like.

spunky
06-22-2008, 15:48
I have one and don't mind bringing it. In fact it's still partially loaded from my recent AT hike.

Anyone who is planning on attending own a ULA Catalyst? I'd like to try it on if possible....?

Cuffs
06-23-2008, 10:58
Yes to both LilRed and Spunky! I am really liking this pack, but hate to buy sight-unseen...

LilRed, sending you PM re overnighting

Rain Man
06-23-2008, 12:47
My better half says she might even come out for pizza! I hope, I hope. Who knows, we might drag along my youngest hiking daughter, who is going on the July 4th weekend hike with me.

Lucky-Dog
06-23-2008, 18:44
I would like to join you all at Fletcher's on Wednesday evening.
Would someone tell me where Fletcher's is located?
Thank you. tnbigun

Bearpaw
06-23-2008, 19:10

Cuffs, you are welcome to stay at our new place on Old Hickory Blvd. We just moved in a couple of weeks ago and now have a guest bedroom/gear room. It even has its own bathroom w/shower attached. And it is completely cat-free, unlike the rest of the apartment. It is nicely located between Radnor (10 minutes away) and Longhunter State Park (25 minutes away). Even the Warner Parks are only 30 minutes away (except at rush hour).

BTW, I also own a Catalyst, though it may be a bit long in the torso, as it is a medium and fits my 19.5 inch torso.

Bearpaw
06-23-2008, 19:16
I would like to join you all at Fletcher's on Wednesday evening.
Would someone tell me where Fletcher's is located?
Thank you. tnbigun

It is at 2715 Old Lebanon Road, just off Exit 8 on Briley Parkway.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/fletcher's+:2500+Lebanon+Road+Nashville+TN+37214/#a/maps/l:Fletcher's+Pizza:2715+Old+Lebanon+Rd:Nashville:T N:37214:US:36.169767:-86.66775:address:/m::12:36.169767:-86.66775:0::/io:0:::::f:EN:M:/e

Shadowmoss
06-23-2008, 19:43
Bearpaw: thanks for the catch. I tend to say it's accross from the shopping plaza where Dillard's used to be... Dillard's went out of business several years ago.

Lucky-Dog
06-23-2008, 20:25
Thanks for the map link.
I plan to see you there.

Lilred
06-23-2008, 22:44
Change of plans folks, I won't be able to make it after all. My husband actually has TWO days in a row off. This never happens, he's out of town every weekend, (thurs thru sun), has the opry when he isn't travelling, and has a second (or is it third) job that keeps him busy when he is home. With gas prices skyrocketing and everything else following, this may be our last chance for a HOORAH!! So we're taking it. We leave for Pensacola at midnight.

Soooo, pizza at Fletchers will have to take a back seat to cocktails on the beach. Catch y'all next time.

envirodiver
06-24-2008, 11:50
Change of plans folks, I won't be able to make it after all. My husband actually has TWO days in a row off. This never happens, he's out of town every weekend, (thurs thru sun), has the opry when he isn't travelling, and has a second (or is it third) job that keeps him busy when he is home. With gas prices skyrocketing and everything else following, this may be our last chance for a HOORAH!! So we're taking it. We leave for Pensacola at midnight.

Soooo, pizza at Fletchers will have to take a back seat to cocktails on the beach. Catch y'all next time.

Sounds like you have your priorities straight to me.

Rain Man
06-24-2008, 13:26

You know how when half of you wants to say really bad things and half wants to say really nice things?

Well, this is one of those times!
;)

envirodiver
06-24-2008, 14:33
You know how when half of you wants to say really bad things and half wants to say really nice things?

Well, this is one of those times!
;)

Let your freak flag fly Rain man

Cuffs
06-24-2008, 21:58
Bearpaw and Spunky,

I will be attending, and if its not too much trouble, can you both bring your Catalysts? BP, I think I may need a medium, but still unsure as I have yet to try on... Thanks for the help!

Rain Man
06-25-2008, 11:59
My wife "Stitch" and I plan to be there this evening. I'll be bringing my newly-modified Hennessey Hammock with the new zippers.

Shadowmoss
06-25-2008, 13:23
I will be there. If I'm the first one and you don't already know me, I'll be the one with the long brown(ish) hair who will be on the laptop while waiting (that's a computer, not a guy...) eating some garlic bread. At least that's my tradition while waiting.

Two Speed
06-25-2008, 13:52
Well, that does explain the garlic bread crumbs in the key board.

BTW, do you mind if I put the beer tab for the Atlanta dinner in your name? Seems like turn about would be fair play.

Shadowmoss
06-25-2008, 17:05
uh, as the CAO of SSWB, I can only sign for deliveries to the liquor locker on the Star Slep itself. I'm sure it's in my contract somewhere. That's why I always sign your name to the tabs when the alcohol is actually consumed.

Ewker
06-25-2008, 18:43
first time i have heard of this meeting :confused: thanks for letting me know

Two Speed
06-25-2008, 18:46
uh, as the CAO of SSWB, I can only sign for deliveries to the liquor locker on the Star Slep itself. I'm sure it's in my contract somewhere. That's why I always sign your name to the tabs when the alcohol is actually consumed.'Tsokay. I don't mind forging your signature. :sun

envirodiver
06-26-2008, 14:17
It was great to meet all of you folks last night and put a face to a trailname, and to see those of you again that I already knew.

Lot's of fun.

Lilred
06-26-2008, 15:07
Sorry I missed it folks. Got home about 4am this morning and managed to get a slight sunburn even with 50spf sunblock. The pains of a redhead. Saw the Blue Angels perform, watched dolphins play, and enjoyed the white sand beaches for two days. It was awesome.

honestly, I'm not sorry, hahahahahaha.

I highly recommend this to everyone.

Cuffs
06-26-2008, 18:38
had another great day in Nash-Vegas! Thanks Rain Man for the hospitality! Thanks again for another great day hike, this time at Radnor and for Bearpaw and Sleeps, Stitch and Patrica for joining in and taking so many photos!

Glad to see some of those Ive hiked with and all those I have yet to have the pleasure of hiking with!

Thanks Spunky and BP for bringing and sharing your ULA packs... now to save up some pennies and sell of some other gear! Looking forward to the next get together!

Cuffs
06-28-2008, 16:26
Photos of (most) of those attending dinner and of the hike around Radnor the next day... http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/browseimages.php?c=659

Rain Man
06-28-2008, 16:56
Photos of (most) of those attending dinner and of the hike around Radnor the next day...

Great photos. Thanks fer sharin' 'em with us!

peanuts
06-28-2008, 17:24
yes, cuffs, great pics. looks like everyone had a good time!!