PDA

View Full Version : Croc Sandals

hurryinghoosier
06-20-2008, 14:59
Has anyone tried the croc sandals? I am looking for something light but the regular crocs just dont do well for me in the toe box. I also tried to find the weight of the croc sandals and could not find it. Does anyone know the weight?

RadioFreq
06-20-2008, 15:12
Mine weigh 10.375 ounces. Or if you prefer 10 and 3/8 ounces.

Summit
06-20-2008, 15:22
If you're looking for a good camp shoe / river crossing shoe, check out these:

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/shoes/mens/sandals/PRD~317333/Speedo+Surfwalker+Sandals.jsp (http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/shoes/mens/sandals/PRD%7E317333/Speedo+Surfwalker+Sandals.jsp)

Got a pair for Father's Day as my older similar ones were completely falling apart . . . after 15 years! :eek:

Not exactly sure about the weight . . . guessing from feel . . . around 8-10 oz.

hammock engineer
06-20-2008, 15:35
I have yet to find a shoe you can actually walk in, in a size 12 lighter than 10-11oz. If you find one, let me know. All the ones I see people post fall under the not walkable in catagory too me.

Summit
06-20-2008, 15:45
I have yet to find a shoe you can actually walk in, in a size 12 lighter than 10-11oz. If you find one, let me know. All the ones I see people post fall under the not walkable in catagory too me.You might have to file your feet down to meet that spec! :eek: :p :D

Bulldawg
06-20-2008, 21:21
I have some croc flip flops and LOVE THEM!!

Cabin Fever
06-20-2008, 22:22
I have some TEVA croc-like sandals that I love. My wife tells me they look like something that Frodo Baggins would wear. They are lighter than crocs and very comfortable. It is very easy to slide a biner through them and hook 'em on to your pack.

http://www.sierratradingpostaffiliates.com/store/mens-clogs-mocs/teva-aprs-casual-clogs-mushr-midsole-for-men-95355/

I have also seen a brand out there called Mion. I tried some of these on once and IMO, they are like ultra light Keen shoes.

http://www.mionfootwear.com/home

yappy
06-20-2008, 22:35
i love my crocs. they are a great camp shoe, town shoe and could hike if i HAD too.. also good river crossing shoe. but, i sent them hom on the Ct and did'nt miss them at all..lol

Bulldawg
06-20-2008, 22:41
I have hiked short sections in Crocs in spring when I wanted to dry my feet out. Maybe a mile or so at most.

Lilred
06-21-2008, 10:33
I love my crocs. They were what cured my plantar fascitis. ran into a guy at greyson highlands that had hiked the last 100 miles in his crocs cause of blisters.

JERMM
06-21-2008, 12:42
you can order direct from crocs

http://www.crocs.com/

Wags
06-22-2008, 00:07
a real hoosier would wear chuck taylors for camp shoes

Grinder
06-22-2008, 07:58
Croc clones at the Dollar store for $7.00.

Mine are two years old. I use them daily for slippers at home. They are holding up just fine.

Grinder

hurryinghoosier
06-22-2008, 08:36
You are missing my question. Regular Crocs dont do well with my toes. I need something like a sandle. I was just wondering if anyone used croc sandles. I see them advertised but cant find any in the stores. Yes, I could order them directly from CROCS but before I do I woluld like to know the weight. They do not have a spec sheet and coutomer service will not answer their phone

Summit
06-22-2008, 11:30
You haven't exactly stated what your intended use will be. Do you intend to use them as your primary hiking shoe, or as camp/river crossing shoes? If it's rugged trail wear, then I wouldn't go with Crocs at all. I'd go with Chacos, Keen, or similar. If camp/river crossing shoes, there are many lighter options than what the Croc line offers. The fact that croc.com doesn't post the weight of their shoes should be a huge hint . . . they aren't even concerned with competing in rugged / light weight wear. ;)

Sidewinder
06-22-2008, 14:00
You are missing my question. Regular Crocs dont do well with my toes. I need something like a sandle. I was just wondering if anyone used croc sandles. I see them advertised but cant find any in the stores. Yes, I could order them directly from CROCS but before I do I woluld like to know the weight. They do not have a spec sheet and coutomer service will not answer their phone

It depends on the size you need and the style. I know you said sandal, but I think there is more than one style of Croc sandal. I suggest you try calling Croc again, they are on Mountain time I believe. I talked to their customer service last week, very nice people and she took care of what I needed.

Summit- it doesn't matter what his intent to use is, he only wants to know what the shoe weighs.

Summit
06-22-2008, 15:45
Summit- it doesn't matter what his intent to use is, he only wants to know what the shoe weighs.Since nobody (REI or Croc.com) seems to list the weights of their products, I guess it's time to pack up your scales and take them to a store that sells crocs and weigh away! :D

With a target market of women, kids, and mall walkers, Crocs isn't concerned about weight. :eek:

hurryinghoosier
06-22-2008, 17:41
Summit----you are right I did not specify the use of the sandals. I need them just for camp, town, etc. No hiking. I looked at Kohls and they only had sizes 6 and 7.
Where did you you get yours?

Summit
06-22-2008, 22:09
My wife got mine a few days before Father's Day at the Kohl's store near our house. They were $12.95. The price has dropped as the size selection has diminished. Try Amazon and a few other online outfitters. Get them one size large for roomy comfort. You might not get $9 but they are out there. Here's a link with all the sizes, but not as cheap:

http://www.speedousa.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/products.detail/categoryID/9F29E49B-DAE7-47DD-BC5C-FC904B391136/productID/CCAFA0A9-D843-4EBE-8A1E-BADBB7ECC6DB/?utm_source=nextag&utm_medium=pi&utm_campaign=main&utm_date=20080621&utm_content=7491043

cutman11
06-23-2008, 00:22
How about just cutting the toe section out of the crocs to make them lighter and easier on your toes?

hurryinghoosier
06-23-2008, 08:28
Thanks for all the information. Ordered the Surfwalker 2 from speedo. Blue was the only color for size 13. Price probably too high---$17.95. If they dont fit I can always return.