PDA

View Full Version : Tenneessee Trails Assoc talk - 6/24/08

Rain Man
06-21-2008, 23:57
To toot my own horn, yours truly is the featured speaker at the Nashville Chapter of the TTA monthly meeting on Tuesday evening at 7:00. That's June 24, 2008. The meeting is in the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) Region II Headquarters in the Ellington Agricultural Center in Nashville. You can Google for directions or post a request here. But don't confuse the Region II headquarters with the TWRA state headquarters, also in the same locale.

I'll do a "power point" presentation of my and my daughter Grass' "thru hike" of the Shenandoah National Park last June. There will be a Q&A session.

Anyway, all are invited to attend and throw tomatoes, or give standing applause, or whatever. Refreshments follow the meeting.

Rain:sunMan

Lilred
06-23-2008, 10:42
I'll try to make it Rain Man, but I do have a prior on that day and don't know how long I'll be held up.

envirodiver
06-23-2008, 11:39
Sounds interesting Rain Man, I'll try to make it. I have a commitment at 8:00 so I may have to leave early.

jersey joe
06-23-2008, 11:41
Good luck Rain Man!
When will the utube video of your presentation be available???

neo
06-23-2008, 12:12
To toot my own horn, yours truly is the featured speaker at the Nashville Chapter of the TTA monthly meeting on Tuesday evening at 7:00. That's June 24, 2008. The meeting is in the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) Region II Headquarters in the Ellington Agricultural Center in Nashville. You can Google for directions or post a request here. But don't confuse the Region II headquarters with the TWRA state headquarters, also in the same locale.

I'll do a "power point" presentation of my and my daughter Grass' "thru hike" of the Shenandoah National Park last June. There will be a Q&A session.

Anyway, all are invited to attend and throw tomatoes, or give standing applause, or whatever. Refreshments follow the meeting.

:)count me in.i will be there:cool:neo

Rain Man
06-23-2008, 12:45
Good luck Rain Man!
When will the utube video of your presentation be available???

It would be a "boob tube" presentation, for sure! LOL

jersey joe
06-23-2008, 13:27
It would be a "boob tube" presentation, for sure! LOL

Seriously though, why not video tape it?

Rain Man
06-23-2008, 22:47
Seriously though, why not video tape it?

Well, it might not work, since you'd either be seeing me or the screen, but not both. I might ask the tech guy if they ever video tape, though.

EMAN
06-24-2008, 08:33
Rainman-
Is this the center down around Edmonson PK.? And where once you get there? Ag museum? Ed Jones auditorium?

Rain Man
06-24-2008, 10:58
Is this the center down around Edmonson PK.? And where once you get there? Ag museum? Ed Jones auditorium?

Here are the directions from the TTA email reminder about tonight's monthly meeting--
"DIRECTIONS: From the intersection of Edmondson Pike with Old Hickory Blvd (at Nippers Corner), go north 1.5 miles, then turn left into the back entrance of Ellington Agricultural Center. Go 1/2 mile, then bear right up the hill. TWRA Region 2 is on the right."

I would add to the above to be careful not to confuse the Region II headquarters with the State headquarters. Region II is a small building halfway up that hill and State is a large, multi-story building near the top of the hill. I once came in from the other direction and saw the TWRA sign and went to the wrong building. So, beware.

Bring banners and noise-makers to cheer me on!!! LOL

Rain Man
06-25-2008, 00:11
Well, I think the talk tonight went off pretty well, especially considering my time was cut from a promised 45 minutes to 25 minutes. I showed 117 slides in 20 minutes! WHEW. I think they are still gasping for breath. LOL

Sorry, but no video.

Several WhiteBlazers were there. THANKS, guys and gals, for showing up. I appreciated the support!