PDA

View Full Version : Georgia and Tennesee all July

HeartoftheTrail
06-27-2008, 09:36
I will be hiking these areas all throughout july.

How bad will I be roasting from those who have expierence?

I'm pretty tolerant to heat.

troglobil
06-27-2008, 10:40
It will be hot, but the two big problems are the humidity, and possible lack of water due to ongoing drought.

auburnbreeze
06-27-2008, 11:41
I would say be prepared for anything! I hiked Springer, Blood Mtn to Tesnetee Gap last year in July. One day it was misty rain with temps in the upper 50's maybe lower 60's and never really got warm! Later in the week it was low 90s and we were roasting!

simplysql
06-27-2008, 12:29
we've been hiking the GA portion for the past 4 weeks. The heat isn't terrible - the humidity, however, is a force to be dealt with. We are typically soaking wet by the end of the day each time we go. Good luck!

take-a-knee
06-27-2008, 13:03
we've been hiking the GA portion for the past 4 weeks. The heat isn't terrible - the humidity, however, is a force to be dealt with. We are typically soaking wet by the end of the day each time we go. Good luck!

It hasn't been that bad so far, the afternoons are warm, but the nights are still cool (in a hammock). I needed a pad underneath me every night last week, when I got off of it, I got cool. Just make sure you've got quick-dry shirts. Be more concerned about ticks than the heat.

Rain Man
06-27-2008, 14:40
I hiked GA in July/August 03. Temps in those mountain tops never got above 72 degrees. At night I was chilly in my 45 degree bag.

So, just be prepared.

Rain:sunMan

HeartoftheTrail
06-27-2008, 15:12
Thanks guys, Looks like I'll just need to have all the bases possible covered.