PDA

View Full Version : shopping question - winter gear

fivel
06-27-2008, 12:25
Does anyone know any stores where I can buy winter gear? Snowshoes, crampons, ice axe, lightweight shover, beacon & probe, etc.? I know this stuff is easily available online and in catalogs but I'd really like to go to an actual store and try stuff on, see how it feels, talk to the salespeople, etc. I went to 2 EMS stores by me, and in both the people looked at me like I had two heads when I asked if they had crampons, I don't know where else to try, there is no REI by me, but I would be willing to travel if I knew they had the stuff I wanted - I'm in the tristate area...I should have just gone shoppping when i was in the ADKs a few weeks ago but was thinking about hiking, not shopping!! rrggghhh i will be in VT in a few weeks, i could try there if anyone knew of specific store names...but tristate area would be awesome too! by the way, i have been looking since Thanksgiving, so the two EMS-es by me didn't have this stuff in season either... thanks for the suggestions!

4eyedbuzzard
06-27-2008, 12:28
Rock and Snow in New Paltz. http://www.rockandsnow.com/store/

fivel
06-27-2008, 12:29
AWWEEEESSOOOOOMMMMEEEEEE
thanks so much! !! !!!THIIS is so close to mee!!!! YAYAYAY :) :) :) :) :) :)
now i feel like an idiot that i didn't find it hahahaha

4eyedbuzzard
06-27-2008, 12:32
Yeah, I saw your Tarrytown location and thought, hmmm.

I bought a pack from them (online). Nice people. Gave me a discount they were running that wasn't even advertised online.