PDA

View Full Version : Best lightweight weather proof tent found!!!

Squeamish
06-28-2008, 21:30
I just got back from summer camp at Ransburg Scout Reservation today after about 8 days away. The last night that we were there, we got hit hard by about three hours of absolute downpours and wind gusts so fast that you could not walk in a straight line. We were ready to start our closing campfire and then the camp staff evacuated us into the dining hall. We were there for about ten minuites and then the power went out for the rest of the day and the next morning. While I was in the dining hall, I was constantly worried about my tent (since it is only a two person backpacking tent). When I got back to the campsite I was amazed that it was still standing, all stakes in the ground, and completely dry inside. Meanwhile, our trash can was flung to the other side of the campsite because of the winds! By now, you all are probably all on the edge of your chair waiting to hear what tent it was. Well, it was a Mountain Hardwear Lightpath 2. So kudos to you MH, for keeping my stuff dry during the worst sturm that I have ever camped in. :)

Wilson
06-28-2008, 22:52
Glad you're OK. Yall have had some bad storms in the midwest this summer.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-29-2008, 06:01
Wonderful testimony regarding a great piece of equipment.

BTW, I love your signature quote.

MOWGLI
06-29-2008, 06:52
MH makes quality stuff. I bought a sleeping bag for my daughter from them recently, along with a bunch of clothing for her. She really likes everything I got her. She claims one garment is the most comfortable pair of pants she has ever worn.

canoehead
06-29-2008, 06:54
Good stuff.
No I mean the gear