PDA

View Full Version : Boot-Lacing Techniques

SorFinger
02-21-2004, 19:37
Does anyone have a link to a page with some very clear illustrations for different boot-lacing techniques used to alleviate different problems? I just found the perfect pair of boots at the REI garage sale today for $20!! They are $200 brand new, but have a little smudge on the toe, so they put them in the garage sale. I have a horrible time trying to find boots that fit well because my heel is a little on the narrow side and my foot is wide across the toes. These boots fit snugly & comfotably around the toes, but the heels slip just a little bit. Suggestions? Links? Thanks in advance!! :)

The Mailman
02-21-2004, 19:56
Backpacker has a pretty good link:

http://www.backpacker.com/gear/footwear/lacing/0,6669,,00.html

The Mailman

Chef2000
02-21-2004, 19:57
I believe Backpacker.com might have something.

highway
02-21-2004, 20:08
Does anyone have a link to a page with some very clear illustrations for different boot-lacing techniques used to alleviate different problems?

There is a clinic at the New Balance site. Look around for it

http://www.newbalance.com/techcenter/index.html

SorFinger
02-21-2004, 21:09
I think I might head down to the arizona hiking shack (a little local hiker's shop) and take my beloved boots with me to have them properly fitted. They are trained in the Phil Oren (is that the guy's name?) fitting technique and I know they'll take the time to help me get a good fit.

Another question for y'all...
Does anyone have the problem of one arch being slightly higher than the other? What do you do about it? I noticed this when I was wearing my boots around the house today, that there is a little room under the right arch while the left fits just perfect.

bladefreak
02-29-2004, 20:21
One thing you might try is placing a cordlock about halfway up the boot. This way, you can lace up the toes, tighten the cordlock, and lace the rest of the boot up, plenty tight, without having to constrict your toes.

Kyle & Lisa
02-29-2004, 20:51
bladefreak,

I thought about this technique, but couldnt find any cordlocks--where can I get them? Thanks.

Kyle

Hikerman
02-29-2004, 22:12
You can find cord locks at most sporting good stores. I have even bought them from Target.

Shoe Leather Express
03-01-2004, 21:17
bladefreak,

I thought about this technique, but couldnt find any cordlocks--where can I get them? Thanks.

Kyle
I bought some at Wal-Mart in the crafts section.

Wyatt
03-06-2004, 15:03
I've been pleased with the folks at arizona hiking shack. They aren't pushy and are pleasant to talk with, in my experience.

Thanks,

Wyatt