PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Whiteblaze group on Facebook?

Shutterbug
06-28-2008, 23:07
It seems that most of the online communities of which I am a part have Facebook groups. I have not seen one for the Whiteblaze Community. Is there one?

Tin Man
06-28-2008, 23:10
It seems that most of the online communities of which I am a part have Facebook groups. I have not seen one for the Whiteblaze Community. Is there one?

What purpose would that serve?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-29-2008, 05:52
I haven't seen a WB presence at Facebook or, other than Billville's site, a WB presence at MySpace.

I think it would be a really great idea - for example, someone wishing to find a hiking partner in one's area would likely be able to do so rather quickly regardless of location on either of those resources. Try finding a hiking partner in Oregon or Washington State on WB.

Also, announcements of hiking-related events and discussion of conservation-related issues would reach a wider group.

Finally, both resources are pretty good about removing serious rancor when it is reported. There is a sizable group of non-participating readers - people who have spoken up in the past and been attacked and people who have never spoken at all due to fear of attack - on WB. They don't participate because of the odious attacks that are allowed to continue ad nauseam here. A group on one of these resources would allow them to connect with the WB community - and more importantly to each other - in a less malicious environment.

TJ aka Teej
06-29-2008, 07:37
What's "Facebook"?

OldJ

MOWGLI
06-29-2008, 07:41
What's "Facebook"?

OldJ

A social networking site like My Space. My kid communicates with classmates using the site.

Jack Tarlin
06-29-2008, 07:49
It is indeed a very popular site for children and adolescents.

Tin Man
06-29-2008, 07:58

The is would be perfect for WB. :D

Jason of the Woods
06-29-2008, 09:41
Yep, I believe that Jack has a profile.:)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-29-2008, 09:45
I've had one for years to stay in touch with my high school and college age grandchildren. Both it and Myspace are increasing used by older people to stay connected and by families to share pics and info.

Sly
06-29-2008, 09:48
What purpose would that serve?

Really it would seem silly to have a WB community page of Facebook or MySpace which would partially defeat the purpose of this site.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-29-2008, 09:55
Really it would seem silly to have a WB community page of Facebook or MySpace which would partially defeat the purpose of this site.How would a social networking entity defeat the purpose of the site (dispensing BP info)?

Sly
06-29-2008, 09:57
How would a social networking entity defeat the purpose of the site (dispensing BP info)?

WB has it's own site why would it need Facebook?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-29-2008, 09:59
WB has it's own site why would it need Facebook?

I think it would be a really great idea - for example, someone wishing to find a hiking partner in one's area would likely be able to do so rather quickly regardless of location on either of those resources. Try finding a hiking partner in Oregon or Washington State on WB.

Also, announcements of hiking-related events and discussion of conservation-related issues would reach a wider group.

Finally, both resources are pretty good about removing serious rancor when it is reported. There is a sizable group of non-participating readers - people who have spoken up in the past and been attacked and people who have never spoken at all due to fear of attack - on WB. They don't participate because of the odious attacks that are allowed to continue ad nauseam here. A group on one of these resources would allow them to connect with the WB community - and more importantly to each other - in a less malicious environment.Already addressed

Sly
06-29-2008, 10:11
WB has forums to cover topics you mentioned such as hooking up and events. Not all topics have insults and rancor and once you know the players it's not such a big deal. I like the fact most threads aren't closed or posts removed even if they're against the TOS, it's more real. What I don't like is calls to close threads or remove posts.

There's nothing from stopping anyone from starting a backpacking group on Facebook or MySpace, have at it.

Tin Man
06-29-2008, 11:41
WB has forums to cover topics you mentioned such as hooking up and events. Not all topics have insults and rancor and once you know the players it's not such a big deal. I like the fact most threads aren't closed or posts removed even if they're against the TOS, it's more real. What I don't like is calls to close threads or remove posts.

There's nothing from stopping anyone from starting a backpacking group on Facebook or MySpace, have at it.

Yep. And if someone feel compelled to start a facey or spacey site, I suggest you check with the owners here before associating it with WhiteBlaze in any way.

Darwin again
06-29-2008, 12:09
Yep. And if someone feel compelled to start a facey or spacey site, I suggest you check with the owners here before associating it with WhiteBlaze in any way.

People can do what they want.
If white ballsers want to form a group outside of this place, they will.:banana

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-29-2008, 13:36
If anyone starts one, let me know. I don't have the time to keep up with starting such an endeavor these days.

Tennessee Viking
06-29-2008, 14:00
There a couple Appalachian Trail groups. But no White Blaze groups from what I have seen. You might want to message Troll to see if he is willing to make something for Facebook, an application or group. But mostly everything is right here, why go add something to Facebook?

I know if more than 10 people put in a request for the a new network, Facebook will consider adding it to their service. So a group of WhiteBlazers could demand for a Appalachian Trail location network.

Sly
06-29-2008, 17:50
I still don't understand why Troll, on anyone on WB for that matter, would want a Whiteblaze Facebook page. What can be done there that can't be done here?

There a couple Appalachian Trail groups. But no White Blaze groups from what I have seen. You might want to message Troll to see if he is willing to make something for Facebook, an application or group. But mostly everything is right here, why go add something to Facebook?

I know if more than 10 people put in a request for the a new network, Facebook will consider adding it to their service. So a group of WhiteBlazers could demand for a Appalachian Trail location network.

funkcicle
06-29-2008, 18:24
Almost my entire family uses Facebook.. we're spread out across Canada and the U.S. and it's a great way for keeping up with each other. My dad gets to see photos of his grandkids at the Zoo the same day my sister posts them, my friends and extended family can catch wind of me passing through town without me having to make a dozen phone calls to folks who may or may not have the time or desire to see me, that's really not even the start of it. The simple interface and standardized layout make it unintimidating to the older crowd who wouldn't normally bother with 'social networking' sites. The privacy options offer a lot of peace-of-mind to those who would be concerned about their (or their childrens') info being out there in cyberspace. Facebook isn't even in the same league as MySpace, Friendster, etc, and looking at it with the same assumptions formed around those other sites is doing it and yourself a great disservice. Right off the bat it's designed to connect you to those you already know, or those already in your community, the opposite of those other networking sites. A lot of my family members who are on Facebook have never used the internet for anything else, period.. and they're the ones who've been the most active in getting the rest of the family(including myself- who was resistant at first) to get on there as well. To me now, Facebook is to email what email was to courier services. It's a great tool, I'm almost as enthusiastic about it as I was about the internet when I first stumbled onto it in the mid 90s.

There are a few groups and the ATC has a profile page, but they see little activity. An Appalachian Trail network on Facebook is a very, very good idea... does anybody know how to approach bringing that about?

funkcicle
06-29-2008, 18:33
Also to Sly, and those unfamiliar with the distinction - a "Network" on facebook is just that, an association of people with something in common. Your friends list is your primary Network, generally made up of your friends and family. Beyond that there are networks for Universities, places of employment, cities, etc. An Appalachian Trail "network" would make all the members visible to/aware of each other and give them common access (that is, AT network specific access)to a multitude of facebook features. Sure Whiteblaze doesn't need Facebook, and that's not so much the issue-- this functionality would work greatly to the benefit of those AT hikers who are already Facebook users.

Tennessee Viking
06-29-2008, 20:45
I am on Facebook and would love to get a Appalachian Trail network started. Just need to get 10 people or so to ask for one.

mts4602
06-29-2008, 22:52
I say go for it. I go to the University of Louisville. I think it would be good for finding people my age to go hiking with.

A-Train
06-29-2008, 22:58
There are already groups on facebook for the AT, and other trails.

I'm in one for GAME 2003 hikers, 2007 PCT hikers and a general PCT group. Pretty much anyone can join these groups.

funkcicle
06-29-2008, 23:51
Groups are different from Networks.. Groups are essentially static guestbooks, while Networks give all members shared access to the full of Facebook's functionality.

I couldn't find anything in the help pages about creating a new network, so I sent an email request for consideration and information of/on establishing an AT network using this email form:

http://www.facebook.com/help/contact_generic.php

If all we need is 9 more people to do the same then it should be no problem.

Tin Man
06-29-2008, 23:57
Groups are different from Networks.. Groups are essentially static guestbooks, while Networks give all members shared access to the full of Facebook's functionality.

It might be interesting if you could share the functionality that would be so much better than what we have here on WB or how it would enhance the "learning and sharing" experience.

funkcicle
06-30-2008, 00:29
It's not really about being better than WB, it's about expanding the functionality of an internet tool many of us already use.

Tin Man
06-30-2008, 00:33
[quote=funkcicle;656905]It's not really about being better than WB, it's about expanding the functionality of an internet tool many of us already use.

tell us about the expanded part then. is that too hard... or is it a secret? :)

funkcicle
06-30-2008, 01:16
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking or if you're trying to condescend, but I'll try. by "expanded part" I assume you're asking what I mean by "expanding the functionality"... and that would be giving the option of an "Appalachian Trail" network association, which would link together all the AT hikers who already use Facebook for other purposes.

Network associations an integral part to how Facebook works. First off, people on Facebook associate with each other as real people, and not through anonymous monikers as on most websites. For this reason there are a multiple layers of security in place to protect peoples' privacy.. Networks are a part of that. You don't exist to anybody outside of your Network(s) on Facebook. For younger folks their network is generally their high school or college, so all the functionality of the site (marketplace, events, photos, videos, etc.. there are hundreds of user-installable webapps, those are just the few that I use) when those users log in is shared between them and their classmates, or their "network". So, for example, a user might log in the day after a big football game at their school and they'll have access to all the shared pictures/videos/conversations/etc pertaining to that.

Beyond that there are geographical networks.. that's generally where you're from, or where you live. Someone who lives in Lincoln, NE but goes to Penn State can be a member of both of these networks. Further, they can easily find other people in Lincoln NE who are at Penn State with them, or vice versa. I see a lot of ride-share hookups happen as a direct result of this functionality.

The genius in the design of the website is that so much of it's functionality is completely passive. You only tell it about you, and it figures out what might be relevant to you in the form of a "news feed"(much like an RSS feed). It's surprised me many times by pointing me to things and places I didn't know about but found to be very relevant. For me it's mostly local stuff, as my only network (aside from my personal network-friends and family) is my local geographic network. The site knows what I like and hips me to when they're happening or have happened. Were there an AT network it would give me AT-specific photos, videos, blogs, classifieds posted by other hikers, and deemed relevant to me by whatever complex algorithms the site uses to do so. Based on how well it's done that for me with my local network(in which I have little interest), I believe I would further enjoy that functionality in the form of an Appalachian Trail network(in which I have great interest).

better? :)

max patch
07-02-2008, 08:45
I see a lot of hookups happen as a direct result of this functionality.

No wonder its so popular! :)

Tin Man
07-02-2008, 08:57
No wonder its so popular! :)

Now Max, don't go misquoting people. You don't want to get banned. ;)

Tin Man
07-02-2008, 08:59
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking or if you're trying to condescend, but I'll try. by "expanded part" I assume you're asking what I mean by "expanding the functionality"... and that would be giving the option of an "Appalachian Trail" network association, which would link together all the AT hikers who already use Facebook for other purposes.

Network associations an integral part to how Facebook works. First off, people on Facebook associate with each other as real people, and not through anonymous monikers as on most websites. For this reason there are a multiple layers of security in place to protect peoples' privacy.. Networks are a part of that. You don't exist to anybody outside of your Network(s) on Facebook. For younger folks their network is generally their high school or college, so all the functionality of the site (marketplace, events, photos, videos, etc.. there are hundreds of user-installable webapps, those are just the few that I use) when those users log in is shared between them and their classmates, or their "network". So, for example, a user might log in the day after a big football game at their school and they'll have access to all the shared pictures/videos/conversations/etc pertaining to that.

Beyond that there are geographical networks.. that's generally where you're from, or where you live. Someone who lives in Lincoln, NE but goes to Penn State can be a member of both of these networks. Further, they can easily find other people in Lincoln NE who are at Penn State with them, or vice versa. I see a lot of ride-share hookups happen as a direct result of this functionality.

The genius in the design of the website is that so much of it's functionality is completely passive. You only tell it about you, and it figures out what might be relevant to you in the form of a "news feed"(much like an RSS feed). It's surprised me many times by pointing me to things and places I didn't know about but found to be very relevant. For me it's mostly local stuff, as my only network (aside from my personal network-friends and family) is my local geographic network. The site knows what I like and hips me to when they're happening or have happened. Were there an AT network it would give me AT-specific photos, videos, blogs, classifieds posted by other hikers, and deemed relevant to me by whatever complex algorithms the site uses to do so. Based on how well it's done that for me with my local network(in which I have little interest), I believe I would further enjoy that functionality in the form of an Appalachian Trail network(in which I have great interest).

better? :)

Not trying to be condescending. Just thought folks might be interested in learning more. I like the Penn State part. ;)

And yes, much better. Thanks.

Jesters Mom
07-02-2008, 09:03
JESTER on the PCT! Jester's friend, Jim Matthews, set up this thread on Facebook for anybody who wanted to follow Jester along on his PCT hike.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=24735750768 (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=24735750768). I've been pretty much updating on the Who Cares where Jester is thread on whiteblaze, so it's pretty much a duplicate of what's on that thread.

Shutterbug
07-03-2008, 13:44

Thanks for the responses. The reason I am on FaceBook is to network with the students who attended the college where I was president. If there was a WhiteBlaze Group, I would join, but it isn't important enough to me to form such a group.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-03-2008, 14:09
JESTER on the PCT! Jester's friend, Jim Matthews, set up this thread on Facebook for anybody who wanted to follow Jester along on his PCT hike.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=24735750768 (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=24735750768). I've been pretty much updating on the Who Cares where Jester is thread on whiteblaze, so it's pretty much a duplicate of what's on that thread.Thanks for posting this, Mom :D. I was worried about how I was going to keep up with his hike if I end up leaving WB.

Marta
07-03-2008, 14:43
Facebook...my niece in Oregon just asked me to be her friend today. I got an email a few minutes ago that said she has written on my Wall. I suddenly feel unusually modern and up-to-date.

I use Facebook mostly to keep up with friends I made when I lived in the UK. We (the ex-expats) decided Facebook was less cumbersome than sending out group emails, which is what we used to do.

For getting together with people who live in your area to hike (or whatever), you might try Meetup.com.

ChinMusic
07-03-2008, 15:10
You left off pedophiles.......

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-03-2008, 15:57
Facebook and Myspace are both social networking site -- the new wave of social networking. We've come a long way from the old ARPNET & FidoNet groups and undernet (IRC) days. I'm pretty sure that the 'one-stop-shopping' approach to groups available at such networking sites is the future of how information will be shared. You fellows who protest that those sites are for kids and pedophiles need to take a closer look at what is rapidly becoming available on such sites.

fiddlehead
07-03-2008, 16:24

And travelers of all ages.

ChinMusic
07-03-2008, 16:26
You fellows who protest that those sites are for kids and pedophiles need to take a closer look at what is rapidly becoming available on such sites.
Why...?

fiddlehead
07-03-2008, 16:50
Why? Post videos of your trips, announcements of upcoming events or perhaps concerts you are heading out to this weekend, Slideshows, upcoming hikes, when you are going to be back home so your friends can figure out how and when to see you, grand openings of new gear stores or online websites, where you've been lately, what trails have you hiked?, countries visited, friends comments, friends slideshows, the list can go on and on depending on how much the mind is opened i guess.

You'd probably be surprised at who you know who is already on it and has a page with some info that you might be interested in. (of all ages) Especially things like hiking. IMO

What i like is that you can form small groups of friends to your liking. Say, i'm in a whitewater boat club, well then those people are in my little group on my page and i'm on theres. Same could be done with hiking friends, or a bar you hang out in, or a poker group.

I could see some kind of shuttle system being set up and you could add things from it on your page.
It's all up to what you want you see.

I learn a lot about people that are on my friends list that i know i wouldn't know otherwise. For example, a good friend just left here and went back to Italy. He doesn't have time to be emailing everybody he met here on his new career, time,.....
So, we just check out his facebook and see it all with pics and comments and links to his new job and ................whatever.

Anyway, time to go to bed. I don't know if i'd want a whiteblaze club on my facebook or not. But I would look up some friends and see what they are up to now and then in my liesure.

fiddlehead
07-03-2008, 16:59
By the way, anyone on facebook ever do the "traveler IQ challenge"?
Could you imagine one of these for the AT? It'd be awesome.

I got hooked on this game for a week or two and found i could play a game in my: country, east coast, northeast, state, county, it turns out that anyone can build a geography game and the world (Facebook people anyway) can play it.

I can imagine an AT geography game that could get pretty hard if someone like WeatherCarrot built it. (or Warren)

mudcap
07-03-2008, 17:09
Hi Jester's Mom,
I just checked out the link you posted. I had heard of facebook,but never checked it out. I think that its pretty cool! I need to do some research,it looks like a great way to communicate.

Thanks

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=24735750768 (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=24735750768). I've been pretty much updating on the Who Cares where Jester is thread on whiteblaze, so it's pretty much a duplicate of what's on that thread.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-03-2008, 18:49
Glad to see I'm not the only one decades from the teen years that 'gets' just how useful the social networking sites could be to hikers.

mudcap
07-03-2008, 19:10
FD,
You hit the nail on the head. I can see where this will be so useful. My son just graduated high school. The last thing they did was setup a facebook account to stay in touch. We live in the middle of nowhere. He said its the easiest way to keep in touch. I really am excited to learn about this stuff.
Glad to see I'm not the only one decades from the teen years that 'gets' just how useful the social networking sites could be to hikers.

funkcicle
07-03-2008, 19:16
Did a bit more research and found how to suggest an AT Network... those of you who are already Facebook members go to this page:

http://www.facebook.com/help.php?suggest

under Network Type choose "Region",

under Region Name put "Appalachian Trail",

under City/Town put "Harpers Ferry, WV".. that's what made most sense to me, and any deviation from the above would be akin to suggesting a separate network.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-03-2008, 20:13
I've done my part toward seeing this network come to life.

A-Train
07-03-2008, 21:08
Yeah, say what you will about facebook and networking sites, but I think it is such a valuable tool. I can get in touch with literally hundreds of friends and acquaintances in a second.

In March I attended a reunion with about 15 of my classmates from elemantary school (unofficial, not part of the school) and I'm convinced this never would have happened without Facebook.

funkcicle
07-07-2008, 04:48
Got an email from Facebook staff today:

"Hi Anthony,

I have made note of your request. We hope to add it [Appalachian Trail Geographic Network] as part of our next network expansion. Sorry in advance for any delay. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks for contacting Facebook,

Lucy
User Operations
Facebook"

sweet!

Sly
07-07-2008, 09:35
I've done my part toward seeing this network come to life.

Yeah, say what you will about facebook and networking sites, but I think it is such a valuable tool. I can get in touch with literally hundreds of friends and acquaintances in a second.

Yeah, but why a Whiteblaze Facebook group? It seems everything you can do there is here. It would be like "Is there a Whiteblaze group on Trailplace?" Is not Whiteblaze.NET for nothing!

dixicritter
07-07-2008, 10:33
I happen to know that Attroll has a myspace page (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=74459610)in which he advertises WhiteBlaze.net... Also there is a WhiteBlaze group (http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=groups.groupProfile&groupID=103120973&MyToken=d7136d31-61b1-41e7-ba48-ca44f624fac1)on myspace. So what's the harm in there also being something on Facebook if there isn't already? Personally I don't see any harm in it and I doubt Rock or Attroll would either. If that's what folks want to do then they are going to do it, no need to argue about it. :)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-07-2008, 10:57
Yeah, but why a Whiteblaze Facebook group? It seems everything you can do there is here. It would be like "Is there a Whiteblaze group on Trailplace?" Is not Whiteblaze.NET for nothing!Some of us see a need for a site separate from this one where the community can gather as necessary to network. While others may see having the eggs in one basket as being OK at this point (as Sly's post would seem to indicate), many others have clearly seen the need for an alternative venue to be available. Even the Whiteblaze site on MySpace is a bit too closely connected with this site to be a true separate basket for the eggs.

This isn't about WB, it is about the hiking community as a whole - and that exists independent of WB.

Sly
07-07-2008, 11:03
This isn't about WB, it is about the hiking community as a whole - and that exists independent of WB.

According to the title it is! If someone wants to start yet another internet hiking site, well just go ahead and start one. I feel comfortable here.

A-Train
07-07-2008, 11:10
According to the title it is! If someone wants to start yet another internet hiking site, well just go ahead and start one. I feel comfortable here.

It's not a site they wanna start , just a group on a site. Basically a page would come up where all the members were listed and they could post msgs. This could be helpful the next tim WB goes down. Also, you can then easily click on user profiles and check out your friends pictures and updates.

Anyway, I only said I thought FB was a helpful tool, not that I thought a WB group was necessary. I'll join if someone starts.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-07-2008, 11:14
According to the title it is! If someone wants to start yet another internet hiking site, well just go ahead and start one. I feel comfortable here.Sly, there are already plenty of other hiking bulletin boards - no need to start another.

We are branching out into using the new technology offered by places like Facebook and MySpace to serve the hiking community. Note the discussion of a Facebook group name did not mention WhiteBlaze nor is anyone who owns or admins WB associated with the project. This isn't about WB period - it is about the hiking community getting its needs met in the most expeditious manner.

Sly
07-07-2008, 11:22
I've asked and no one has answered what can one do on Facebook that you can't do here?

"is is about the hiking community getting it's needs met in the most expeditious manner"

What's that supposed to mean?

"there are already plenty of other hiking bulletin boards - no need to start another."

Well isn't that what you're suggesting? The title says "Is there a Whiteblaze group on Facebook?" :confused:

Sly, there are already plenty of other hiking bulletin boards - no need to start another.

We are branching out into using the new technology offered by places like Facebook and MySpace to serve the hiking community. Note the discussion of a Facebook group name did not mention WhiteBlaze nor is anyone who owns or admins WB associated with the project. This isn't about WB period - it is about the hiking community getting its needs met in the most expeditious manner.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-07-2008, 11:37
Groups on Facebook are a far different sort experience than the bulletin board sites like WB, Trailplace, Hammock froums, PBP, etc. While the bulletin board sites excel at providing info about gear and such, they fail to be the best venue for organizing events, keeping others up-to-date on happenings within the community and providing a social atmosphere for general social networking IMO. The social networking sites (MySpace and Facebook)were created specifically to address this sort of need.

Sly
07-07-2008, 11:42
While the bulletin board sites excel at providing info about gear and such, they fail to be the best venue for organizing events, keeping others up-to-date on happenings within the community and providing a social atmosphere for general social networking.

If I'm not mistaken there's a forum for all the things you mentioned such as get togethers and events.

I guess I'll have to check out Facebook to see the difference. :confused:

Sly
07-07-2008, 11:54
I guess I'll have to check out Facebook to see the difference. :confused:

Seems like too much work and repeditive to start (or be involved) in another hiking group. However, if anyone wants to invite me I'm (Mr.) Hiker Trash ! :D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-07-2008, 11:59
Seems like too much work and repeditive to start (or be involved) in another hiking group. However, if anyone wants to invite me I'm (Mr.) Hiker Trash ! :DThere are two Hiker Trash members - I added both as friends as anyone with moniker Hiker trash is a friend of mine :D

Sly
07-07-2008, 12:03
The other guy is an imposter!!!!! :p

There are two Hiker Trash members - I added both as friends as anyone with moniker Hiker trash is a friend of mine :D

fiddlehead
07-07-2008, 18:46
Two without pictures is confusing.
Sly: do you need a picture of yourself to add on there?

Sly
07-07-2008, 18:49
Two without pictures is confusing.
Sly: do you need a picture of yourself to add on there?

That's OK I'll wait until I get home to add content. BTW, I'm at your brothers house. Spending a month. Doing the Tahoe Rim Trail if I ever get off my butt.

fiddlehead
07-07-2008, 18:53
Hey, my buddy Ramblin Rich is heading there too. He's been out hiking on the PCT for about a month and is heading home to AZ soon stopping off at BD's first.
I sent you a message on facebook.

Sly
07-07-2008, 19:01
Hey, my buddy Ramblin Rich is heading there too. He's been out hiking on the PCT for about a month and is heading home to AZ soon stopping off at BD's first.
I sent you a message on facebook.

Yeah, I heard. He'll be here about the same time Bulldog is going back to PA for a few days. I'll be dog watching.

I'll check out the message. Thanks.

SGT Rock
07-09-2008, 14:45
I thought ATTroll told me he already started a facebook group for WhiteBlaze.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-09-2008, 23:24
Whiteblaze has a presence on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/srch.php?nm=whiteblaze) -- it has a single member.

Another Facebook group has been approved for AT Hikers after Facebook received multiple requests and will be added shortly. This will include hikers from a variety of places - not just WB