PDA

View Full Version : need a little help

freebird'08
06-29-2008, 01:22
Early this summer I walked from 501 shelter to Falls Village CT. I am starting Sobo from Kat. to falls Village then 501 to Springer I need info as to the best places to send mail drops in ME to Fall village. I avg. 20 miles a day and have been reading how hard ME and NH is. Anyone that can help me with some wisdom on this please, I can use as much help as possible. thanks again Freebird'08

Jack Tarlin
06-29-2008, 08:09
You might want to look at the "Articles" section of this website, where there is a lengthy article on Re-Supply. This may give you some ideas on good maildrop or shopping locations, and will also give you a good idea about how long each section of the Trail is likely to take you.

Sly
06-29-2008, 11:00
Early this summer I walked from 501 shelter to Falls Village CT. ...I avg. 20 miles a day and have been reading how hard ME and NH is.

Don't be surprised if on some sections (Mahoosacs/Whites) you only average 10-15 miles per day.

Lyle
06-29-2008, 11:03
You might want to look at the "Articles" section of this website, where there is a lengthy article on Re-Supply. This may give you some ideas on good maildrop or shopping locations, and will also give you a good idea about how long each section of the Trail is likely to take you.

I second this, I've used this article several times with great success. Jack did a GREAT job with it.

freebird'08
06-29-2008, 14:55
thanks everyone, freebird'08