PDA

View Full Version : Had a great time but glad to be back!

gold bond
07-02-2008, 08:48
Just rolled in after two weeks out in Philmont. Did 11 days on trail and was part of a great crew and we all had a wonderful time. Hiked over Mnt Phillips and went to the top of the "tooth" to see a gorgeous New Mexico sunset. Got rained on and hailed on (ouch!). Temps were about 40-45 in the morning and about 80-85 in the day...4% humidity! Being from SC I never thought that was possible.
On our last day we had to get up at 4 AM to meet the bus at 6AM....the bus never showed up! We missed our flight out of Denver and had to sit in the Airport for 29 hrs! Our tickets were non refundable and non transferable. Thanks and kudo's to Delta for everything they did in making us as comfortable as possible and in helping us out!
All in all it was just part of the adventure! Found out that why we were on trail the bus company got bought out by Greyhound and all the appoinments didn't make it over. O well.
Don't know exactly what I missed on WB but....Glad to be home!:-?:banana

Wise Old Owl
07-02-2008, 12:03
You missed a lot http://hikinghq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2765

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-02-2008, 12:54
Welcome home, GoldBond. Sounds like quite a trip. Seriously, you didn't miss much here.

Sly
07-02-2008, 13:57
Welcome back.

Non refundable and non tranferable doesn't mean you can't rebook a missed flight does it?

gold bond
07-02-2008, 14:39
Welcome back.

Non refundable and non tranferable doesn't mean you can't rebook a missed flight does it?

I am "assuming" and you all know what that means, that non transferable means that they cannot be transferred to another flight. Delta worked with our council to get us all on the same flight. I would like to personally thank eveyone at the Denver International AP and Delta airlines as they made us as comfortable as one could be in that situation. We had 51 boyscouts and 7 adult leaders.....yeah thats right! Delta let us use one of their rooms to sleep in and Airport officials brought us blankets and mats along with a couple of cases of bottled water. A lady at the Delta ticket counter helped us work out some deals with the resteraunts in the food court as some of the boys were out of money so everything went on our contingent leaders credit card! The Council is to pay him back. Like I said it was just part of our adventure to Philmont. I'm sure some of the boys will be talking about this one for awhile!

River Runner
07-02-2008, 17:44
Wow! Glad everything turned out as well as it did. 51 boyscouts at the airport for 29 hours! :eek: I'd have hated to have been in charge of that!