PDA

View Full Version : Whiteblaze.net

Wolf - 23000
07-02-2008, 17:12
Over the last few days with WB down it made me stop and think of all the work AT Troll and others give to this site and some of the BS they deal with. I just wanted to give them all a huge THANK YOU for doing it and keep the site together. :clap

Wolf

Roland
07-02-2008, 17:15
Nicely put, Wolf.

Thanks to ALL the Whiteblaze volunteers!

berninbush
07-02-2008, 17:16
Amen.

It's a tough job but someone's gotta do it. Or else the place gets shut down. ;)

Odd Thomas
07-02-2008, 17:18
Word. great site!

The Weasel
07-02-2008, 17:22
That is a good thing to say, and a good time to say it.

TW

River Runner
07-02-2008, 17:23
Applause!

Frosty
07-02-2008, 17:49
:clap :clap :clap

Gray Blazer
07-02-2008, 18:05
Here!! Here!!

Kerosene
07-02-2008, 18:13
Some of us who work with computers (and perhaps programmers in my case) are greatly appreciative of all of the work it takes to not only keep a site up-and-running, but to also evolve it over time. Of course, I'm not sure that ATtroll's significant other is all that appreciative of the time he spends! Certainly mine gets frustrated with the limited time I spend just trying to keep up with the various posts.

notorius tic
07-02-2008, 18:33
NICE JOB ATROLL for all the times my computer crashed an you had to send me a new password .. I have to be the 1 to TANK YOU the most..

SouthMark
07-02-2008, 18:49
Some of us who mostly just lurk because we were afraid of being ridiculed for our suggestions, opinions or ideas THANK YOU! This site is the best to keep up with new ideas, new gear, locations, trail conditions and to meet other hikers. Again THANK YOU to all that keep WB going.

Rain Man
07-02-2008, 19:40
Right you are, Wolf 23000. Let's hope they hear a lot more of this in the future and less of the "BS" that ruins it for everyone.

Rain:sunMan

teachergal
07-02-2008, 22:18
:bananaFinally, a post I can respond to! :)
Thank you thank you thank you for all you all do the make this a great website! I tend to be more of a "lurker", but I enjoy reading and being an "armchair" hiker when I can't get out and do it for real! :)
Keep up the great work!

:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana: banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:b anana

Bulldawg
07-02-2008, 22:30
Hoorah, Hoorah, to Troll, Rock, Skids, SD, FD, Dixie, and all those unnamed behind the scenes folks who are going to turn this thing around and have it emerge an even better site than it was already!! Thanks!!!

Pokey2006
07-02-2008, 22:36
They could close this site to all new posts for all time, and it would still by a place I would visit almost daily, just for the wealth of information contained here. Photos of shelters, tips on best routes to take, warnings about difficult trail conditions -- it's all here.

I'm not shy of posting on here when I feel the need, but I will say I spend far more of my time on Whiteblaze lurking and searching for specific info than I do debating the issues. It's a fantastic resource, an amazing collection of experience and knowledge, and I hope that if the owners/mods do decide they've had enough that they will at least find a way to keep some of this great info online in some form or another.

Ghosthiker
07-03-2008, 06:21
I'll add my thanks here, too.

warren doyle
07-03-2008, 09:41
I look forward to a 'kinder/gentler' WhiteBlaze.

TOW
07-03-2008, 10:03
Over the last few days with WB down it made me stop and think of all the work AT Troll and others give to this site and some of the BS they deal with. I just wanted to give them all a huge THANK YOU for doing it and keep the site together. :clap

Wolf
I got your back doors on this one................:sun

Homer&Marje
07-03-2008, 10:10
I'm changing my view on life. I love everyone. well maybe not everyone. but i can get over that with a little

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME :banana :banana

envirodiver
07-03-2008, 10:42
Thanks are certainly in order, this is the best hiking site going and the amount of and quality of info is great. Only place I know of that you can post asking about trail or water conditions and have several responses within an hour.

BTW HomerandMarie, Red Green is da man...king of duct tape. LMAO

Cherokee Bill
07-03-2008, 15:52
Hoorah, Hoorah, to Troll, Rock, Skids, SD, FD, Dixie, and all those unnamed behind the scenes folks who are going to turn this thing around and have it emerge an even better site than it was already!! Thanks!!!

Thanks a million to all the "behind the scenes" folks :D

ozt42
07-03-2008, 18:54
here here

three cheers and more...

warren doyle
07-06-2008, 10:06
To WB: I am grateful that your new policy seems to be working. Keep up the good work!

Lone Wolf
07-06-2008, 10:08
To WB: I am grateful that your new policy seems to be working. Keep up the good work!

yes, it's a kinder, gentler whiteblaze.

Pedaling Fool
07-06-2008, 11:27
I hear something happened while I was cycling the GAP. Makes me wonder - if there were no moderation, what would that lead to? This is not a complaint, just sincere curiosity. At any rate I'm sure it's a tough job, because people are a$$holes, that's why I hate people:sun

GlazeDog
07-06-2008, 11:58
WB--- I'd like to send out a Katahdin-sized thanks to those that keep this site well running. I really learn from many of the hikers here--info that would be hard to come by so quickly (if at all) anywhere else. WB also makes me feel connected to the AT even when I'm busy with work and life here in Ohio.

Gratefully yours--
GlazeDog

Wise Old Owl
07-06-2008, 13:06
I hear something happened while I was cycling the GAP. Makes me wonder - if there were no moderation, what would that lead to? This is not a complaint, just sincere curiosity. At any rate I'm sure it's a tough job, because people are a$$holes, that's why I hate people:sun

That's easy - One only has to check out the free for almost all the other Hiking Blogs when WB was down. It was quite a mess, I even saw people pretending to be well known people here. I was clearly shocked, then when I went back three days later, most had been cleaned up or deleted.

Cookerhiker
07-06-2008, 15:57
I'll add my thanks to ATTroll, Rock,Dixie, Skidster, and all the WB team for a thankless job well-done with patience, grace, and class.

Frau
07-06-2008, 18:13
My thanks to all involved in starting and now maintaining this site. It has certainly been both helpful and entertaining for me.

:sun Frau

dixicritter
07-07-2008, 10:44
I want to add my thanks to everyone who has taken on the moderation and admin duties. I know exactly what the jobs you ladies and gentlemen are doing and just how difficult they are. My PM box is always open to y'all!

I also need to take this moment to say that unfortunately due to the fact that I am now working... I had to step down from my admin position because I just didn't have the time to devote to my duties here at WB anymore. I miss y'all, but I have to do what's best for me and my family right now.

boarstone
07-07-2008, 18:35
Now that we'all are glad for the change here on WB, myself included, I'm sending in my support payment...if we are so "thank-ful" let's try to really say thanks and support with any amount we can...:banana