PDA

View Full Version : What I'd like to see: an apology

RBoone
07-02-2008, 17:48
I think that those who were primarily responsible for the site being taken down know exactly who they are and what they did. I think that they should first apologize publicly to Attroll and Rock for causing so much extra work for them, then I think that they should apologize to the rest of us for causing a site that we enjoy and sometimes depend on to come close to being closed permanently. But of course they won't -- people such as that rarely take resposibility for anything they do.

The Weasel
07-02-2008, 17:53
Boone,

If you don't think people should do what you want, why do you think they should do it? Yeah, I wrote that just as you said it. Your post is what's known in the trade as a 'troll': Starting a dispute, rather than calming it.

Instead of so many people saying, in multiple threads, "The other guys did it" - I think that is in Troll's major post from Sunday - perhaps now is just a good time for everyone to take a deep breath and start to behave in a more tolerant and less contentious way.

Matthew 7:3.

TW

Alligator
07-02-2008, 17:56
I don't think Rock and Troll would demand that, so I'm going to close this for the moment. What they would really like is for discussion to happen civilly.

I will send them a note, and either one of them can elect to reopen this. I'm not sure this is going to help at the moment. Thanks for bringing it up though.

*I don't think the OP was trolling BTW.