PDA

View Full Version : Need clarification of new rules, please.

rafe
07-05-2008, 07:52
Who are the Whiteblaze moderators? Will they be identified or will they remain anonymous?

Can moderators be active participants in threads which they are moderating?

Without clear answers to these questions, it seems to me the value of Whiteblaze as a forum is much diminished.

Recent rapid-fire deletions and thread closures have prompted my concerns.

jlb2012
07-05-2008, 08:06
BOHICA ya'll

Roland
07-05-2008, 08:06
Who are the Whiteblaze moderators? Will they be identified or will they remain anonymous? ~

If a post violates the User Agreement, does it really matter who deletes it?

I'm not sure where you're going with this, but if you're suggesting that moderators should not be emotionally involved in the discussions they monitor, I agree. To my knowledge, I think that's the way things are going now, although they haven't always.

I've not witnessed this. Perhaps I don't spend as much time on WB as you do.

Lone Wolf
07-05-2008, 08:07
Who are the Whiteblaze moderators? Will they be identified or will they remain anonymous?

Without clear answers to these questions, it seems to me the value of Whiteblaze as a forum is much diminished.

start a new website

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-05-2008, 08:19
start a new websiteMy understanding is that that is in the works.

Please give the new members of the mod team some time to get their 'sea legs'. Suddenly beginning to moderate a forum like this isn't easy and it takes some hands-on time to learn what does and does not need to be deleted. Some mistakes will be made - it is part of the process of learning. Maybe WB will really change and maybe it won't. Time will tell. I'm participating more on other sites until I'm sure WB's change is permanent.

I don't know who all of the new mods are nor do I care. I've gotten several PMs that indicate some are under the impression I am a mod again. I assure you, I am not a mod here.

Egads
07-05-2008, 08:20
BOHICA ya'll

What???

Lone Wolf
07-05-2008, 08:21
My understanding is that that is in the works.

Please give the new members of the mod team some time to get their 'sea legs'. Suddenly beginning to moderate a forum like this isn't easy and it takes some hands-on time to learn what does and does not need to be deleted. Some mistakes will be made - it is part of the process of learning. Maybe WB will really change and maybe it won't. Time will tell. I'm participating more on other sites until I'm sure WB's change is permanent.

I don't know who all of the new mods are nor do I care. I've gotten several PMs that indicate some are under the impression I am a mod again. I assure you, I am not a mod here.

terrapin is starting a new website?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-05-2008, 08:22
What???Acronym meaning (http://www.answers.com/topic/bohica-1)

Odd Thomas
07-05-2008, 08:22
start a new website

He's not rebelling against the new status quo, he's simply asking what it is.

Lone Wolf
07-05-2008, 08:23
He's not rebelling against the new status quo, he's simply asking what it is.

pretty simple. read the rules. they're very clear

oops56
07-05-2008, 08:26
As of now i don't hike only car camp state park. I am in the stove collecting and making alcohol stoves not for sale. If i give my 2 cents on someone stoves good or bad it should not be taken away.

Odd Thomas
07-05-2008, 08:27

Yes they are, but they don't answer his questions and neither did you, and this is the straight forward forum....

Lone Wolf
07-05-2008, 08:28
Yes they are, but they don't answer his questions and neither did you, and this is the straight forward forum....

are you a moderator?

rafe
07-05-2008, 08:31

I didn't get where the new rules prohibit rebuttals against provably false assertions made in "straightforward" forums. That's what I witnessed yesterday.

Lone Wolf
07-05-2008, 08:32
I didn't get where the new rules prohibit rebuttals against provably false assertions made in "straightforward" forums. That's what I witnessed yesterday.

they were probably nasty and mean spirited

Roland
07-05-2008, 08:34
they were probably nasty and mean spirited

...and off-topic, which is not allowed in Straight Forward forums, (even if not nasty and mean spirited).

Odd Thomas
07-05-2008, 08:36
are you a moderator?

That's what HE wants to know.

HexMcjinx
07-05-2008, 08:38

Recent rapid-fire deletions and .......

I agree. It seems that passionate discourse is offensive to some, so it is now forbidden. The only problem that the mods had here was their inability to moderate the people in their 'inner circle'. Though that now seems to have been remedied, the new policy is too heavy handed and it seems to dissuade any and all REAL discussion.

Like LW suggests, if we don't like it, we can lump it.

SGT Rock
07-05-2008, 08:39
To anwer the question of who the mods and admin are all you have to do is follow this link... http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showgroups.php