PDA

View Full Version : where can I leave my car

cody taylor
07-05-2008, 10:09
I just hiked from springer to unicoi gap and had to leave the trail to take my friend home to IN. I have to find some way to get back on the trail as I was supposed to be a month long hike. I don't know where to leave my car and was hoping someone had some advice. I want to skip ahead a little bit as I ran into some good hikers at springer and would like to catch up to them. They will be at deep gap shelter tonight so I would have to find them somewhere in NC. Does anyone know of a good place to get on the trail around the NC line, where I can park my car for a month or more? I really, really appreciate any help I can get! Thanks

Survivor Dave
07-05-2008, 10:23
Your best bet is to find somewhere around Franklin, N.C.. A hiker friendly town. Ron Haven of the Budget Inn might be able to help with storage or he'll definately know someone for sure that might help you out. I do not recommend leaving your car at Deep Gap or Winding Stair Gap. The only other thing is to wait until they get to NOC and you may be able to leave it with someone up there. Just a thought.

SD

I just hiked from springer to unicoi gap and had to leave the trail to take my friend home to IN. I have to find some way to get back on the trail as I was supposed to be a month long hike. I don't know where to leave my car and was hoping someone had some advice. I want to skip ahead a little bit as I ran into some good hikers at springer and would like to catch up to them. They will be at deep gap shelter tonight so I would have to find them somewhere in NC. Does anyone know of a good place to get on the trail around the NC line, where I can park my car for a month or more? I really, really appreciate any help I can get! Thanks

Sly
07-05-2008, 10:27
Also, one of the hotels in Hiawassee may let you leave a car, either Hiawassee Inn or Holiday Inn Express. Call them ahead of time and explain things. Of course it's probably best if you stay a night.

cody taylor
07-05-2008, 10:38
Hey thanks Survivor Dave! That's a great idea and I really appreciate it.

shoe
07-05-2008, 11:13
I would defenitely recommend Ron Haven. I have left my car with him several times with no problems.

Bulldawg
07-05-2008, 16:47
I would get Ron on the phone and get his advice!! He'll lead you the right direction.

Sly
07-05-2008, 17:45
Ron Haven could be in CA now, atleast he said he'd be here around this time. Even if he is, I'd be willing to bet Dave at the Budget Inn will hook you up.

highway
07-05-2008, 18:14
Jump way ahead to Fontana Da m and leave your vehicle in the upper lot in front of the entrance to the Fontana Village Resort. I did!

Ron Haven
07-05-2008, 19:23
Cody,I just have got back to Franklin and If I can help you,I will.You as well as any other hiker needs to park their car in or around Franklin is welcome to free at one of my motels.828-524-4403 is the number at Budget Inn.

Bulldawg
07-05-2008, 19:37
Cody,I just have got back to Franklin and If I can help you,I will.You as well as any other hiker needs to park their car in or around Franklin is welcome to free at one of my motels.828-524-4403 is the number at Budget Inn.

WHAT A GUY!!

:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana: banana

cody taylor
07-06-2008, 22:50
Wow that's awesome Ron, no wonder you are so highly talked about! I'll be talkin to ya soon! Thanks

Pedaling Fool
07-06-2008, 22:58
Ron's the man!