PDA

View Full Version : montrail leona divide

powderfinger
02-24-2004, 14:14
Does anyone know anything about montrail leona divide trail runners? i think they are the non gortex version of the hurricane ridge. i thought they seemed pretty comfortable but i didn't really wear them too much. also, will non gortex trail runners be okay for cold weather? i've always worn boots so i don't have any experience with them. thanks.

Grimace
02-26-2004, 14:15
Sorry, I don;t know much about the shoes. Montrail makes some good shoes though. If they are comfortable, go nuts. They tend run kinda narrow for my fat, AT affected feet.

In terms of using them in the cold. In the cold and dry - no problem. You'll be moving and probably not notice your feet. If you get wet, they bcome an issue. I day hiked a bit too early in the Whites last spring and ran into tons of snow above 3500'. I was just in trail runners. Toes definitely got a bit cold. I have had good success, however, with sealskins. Gortex socks. They're comfy warm and waterproof. Go geat with trail runners!

RedneckRye
02-26-2004, 15:12
I wore Leona Divides last summer on my thru of the Colorado Trail. They worked great for me. I did buy a replacement pair at the end of the trip, as they were pretty trashed. In fairness to them, I had been wearing them as my everyday shoe for about 3 months before the trip as well. I also have Hurricane Ridges that I use for cold and wet weather. The 2 shoes are pretty much the same, except for the Gore-Tex XCR in the Hurricanes. The Hurricanes have a stretchy, neoprene like collar/tongue set up that really helps keep stuff out. It was really snug initially, but has loosened a bit over time, making it easier to slide in and out of.

powderfinger
02-27-2004, 18:45
Thanks for the replies.

Grimace- by sealskins do you mean the waterblocker socks or are regular sealskins waterproof too? i've found that the waterblockers are usually $30 online. do you know of anywhere that they are cheaper? thanks.