PDA

View Full Version : Powdered cream?

statler
02-24-2004, 15:54
Anyone know where I can buy powdered/dehyrated cream online, preferably in bulk? Not coffee creamer type cream, regular cream.

http://www.myspicer.com/index.html?/Data_Returns/listbycountry.php?id=8303100&cname=Cream%20Powder

You can also often find it at indian or thai markets.

deeddawg
02-24-2004, 16:09
Cool!

Not sure what I'd use powdered cream for, but some of the other stuff looks REALLY cool... Powdered honey (tea, oatmeal), worcestershire powder, horseradish powder, wasabi powder...

Also a bunch of dried veggies and fruits. Neat site!

hikerltwt
02-24-2004, 17:35
Adventure Foods has an abundent supply of hiiker cool foods. They also will drop ship and offer a thru hiker discount. I loved the pasta sauce and the powdered honey!

statler
02-24-2004, 18:32
Yep, but I've never found one that does, in the sense that you can just add water and magically have whole cream. (I can think of at least two physical reasons why that would be difficult.)

This stuff is great in coffee and mixed in with foods though.

DebW
02-24-2004, 22:40
I knew about MySpicer, but it specifically says that their powdered cream "does not rehydrate well." Is that true of all powdered cream? I would like to add it to my instant nonfat milk in recipes as well as to hot cocoa, protein shakes, etc.

You can add olive oil to powdered milk to put the fat back in. Tastes pretty good.

oyvay
02-25-2004, 23:55
In 2002 I picked up a canister of powdered WHOLE milk from the swap box at the ATC HQ. Label was half english and spanish, found it for sale in a Latino supermarket in DC (Adams Morgan neighborhood). It's called "Nestle Nido," I've visited the Nestle website and emailed them, but some other smaller company makes it for them. The stuff is good, I've done pudding on the trail, skim milk just doesn't cut it.