PDA

View Full Version : SD camera card--found

ptasplash
07-06-2008, 15:33
I know this is a longshot, but worth a try. On 05/28/2008, in Rural Retreat, VA, on the AT in a grassy field, another hiker--Cheesburger--found a camera disk in a its waterproof case. Hoping that we could track down the owner, we tried it in my camera. Assuming the dates are correct, the pictures are from an AT hike in early 2005. However, there was nothing distinctive that would allow me to trace the owner. If by any chance it's your card and you still follow trail happenings, maybe you'll see this. If anyone knows someone who lost their picture memories of the trail back in 2005, you can contact me--I have the card. I'll be back on the trail July 8, 2008. You can call me at 352-406-1604 and leave a message. I'd love to return this to the owner. Rockamimi

Survivor Dave
07-06-2008, 19:20
I know this is a longshot, but worth a try. On 05/28/2008, in Rural Retreat, VA, on the AT in a grassy field, another hiker--Cheesburger--found a camera disk in a its waterproof case. Hoping that we could track down the owner, we tried it in my camera. Assuming the dates are correct, the pictures are from an AT hike in early 2005. However, there was nothing distinctive that would allow me to trace the owner. If by any chance it's your card and you still follow trail happenings, maybe you'll see this. If anyone knows someone who lost their picture memories of the trail back in 2005, you can contact me--I have the card. I'll be back on the trail July 8, 2008. You can call me at 352-406-1604 and leave a message. I'd love to return this to the owner. Rockamimi

Maybe the Appalachian Trail Conservancy might be able to help. Are there pictures of people, or just landscape and other stuff?
www.Appalachiantrail.org (http://www.Appalachiantrail.org) . There are also folks on WB that work there as well. I believe lauriep might be able to help you.

Thanks for your efforts!

SD

wrongway_08
07-06-2008, 20:57
Try a hiker named Trout Bum, was told he lost a card along the trail, not sure were because I have never met him. If I run into him or someone that knows him I will tell him.
Might not be his but worth a shot.
- Rick

Survivor Dave
07-06-2008, 21:16
Try a hiker named Trout Bum, was told he lost a card along the trail, not sure were because I have never met him. If I run into him or someone that knows him I will tell him.
Might not be his but worth a shot.
- Rick

Good deal Wrongway. You can find Troutbum under Troutbums Girlfriend in www.Trailjournals.com (http://www.Trailjournals.com) . He is in 2008. Go to the "About" section, and on the bottom there might be his/her e-mail address.

SD

Tennessee Viking
07-06-2008, 22:21
use the search function. I remember seeing a post somewhere about a SD card being lost around VA. Either at a shelter or a rest stop.

Survivor Dave
07-06-2008, 22:34
I just put a journal entry into his TJ. I hope he or his girlfriend see it and hopefully recover it.

Maaan, would that be a great gift on Katahdin!

Thanks again for your efforts.

SD

ImkerVS
07-07-2008, 22:42
There's a new web site that takes care of that problem:

http://www.ifoundyourcamera.blogspot.com/

Both cameras and memory cards. The idea is you upload some of the pics it gets back to the owner, because people recognize them.

Heard about it either on yahoo.news or maybe it was digg.com.