PDA

View Full Version : Game Cubed

Bare Bear
07-08-2008, 19:14
I have sectioned it (some parts many times now) and thrued it in 06 but I keep getting the itch to do it all again. I found this summer that trying to just do a section for the 3-4-5 th time was pointless. I got bored. I think I have to do all of it again to motivate myself, to have a goal. Slower for sure this time, 10-15 mile days and no 20+. Try to enjoy the time out and not let the home sickness get me back before I am ready this time.

CrumbSnatcher
07-08-2008, 19:52
I have sectioned it (some parts many times now) and thrued it in 06 but I keep getting the itch to do it all again. I found this summer that trying to just do a section for the 3-4-5 th time was pointless. I got bored. I think I have to do all of it again to motivate myself, to have a goal. Slower for sure this time, 10-15 mile days and no 20+. Try to enjoy the time out and not let the home sickness get me back before I am ready this time. the second hike is even better than the first one, hope you have a great time...:)

Jeff
07-08-2008, 20:01
I met you in Maine in August of '06. I bear had visited you when camped below the road near Rangeley.

Didn't you start your hike in Florida???

Bare Bear
07-20-2008, 16:00
Yes I did about 500 miles of the Florida Trail to 'warm up' to the AT. I still have some sections to do in Fl to finish it. Maybe this winter as the season starts in January if you want to avoid the water and bugs. I plan a March 15 start from Springer. I was just there two weeks ago and the Approach Trail is all washed out from rains, the Ranger said it would be months before it is all repaired.
I am looking froward to the Rangley Hostel (Gull Pond?) and to seeing Steve's place at Caratunk, I heard he has put a lot in to it since giving up the Ferry Service he handled so well for so long.