PDA

View Full Version : Signing Off for a bit.....

Jack Tarlin
02-25-2004, 20:52
Just wanted to let my friends know I'll be leaving Hanover tomorrow and will be gone til sometime in July.

Travelling first to Duncannon where there'll be a small hiker gathering this weekend at the Doyle Hotel; anyone is welcome to come by, it should be a great weekend.

Moving south from there, with probable layovers at Damascus, Erwin, and Hampton, Tennessee. Hoping to see a bunch of old friends along the way and hope to get some trail work done, which will be good for the Trail AND my gut. They both need some maintenance and attention at this time of year.

Unless plans change dramatically, will be in or around Hot Springs, NC for much of the spring; hope to see many of you there, or in Damascus at Trail Days. Will be hiking North out of Damascus in late May and will go as far as I feel like walking. Will be in Harper's Ferry for awhile in late June; after that, it's anyone's guess.

Very best wishes to the Class of 2004, many of whom I hope to see somewhere on the Trail this year, perhaps down south, perhaps in Hanover, or maybe in the fall in Maine. It has been a privilege and a pleasure getting to know so many of you here.

As always, thanx to Troll and Rock for keeping this great place going; anyone who needs to get in touch with me can write me at [email protected] which I expect to be checking fairly regularly; lastly, the 2004 update of the Maildrop/Resupply article will get printed here eventually; it's been a very busy last few weeks as I've closed up shop here.

See you all down the line somewhere........

weary
02-25-2004, 22:10
Just wanted to let my friends know I'll be leaving Hanover tomorrow and will be gone til sometime in July.

Farewell sweet friend. Good health. Good trails. Good times. Good bourbon.

Weary, who has just watched the final episode of the Shakespeare saga on public television.

MedicineMan
02-25-2004, 23:19
when you are in the Erwin area and I'll buy you a beer...

yogi clyde
02-25-2004, 23:57
Jack

Thanks for sharing your expericence and advice, looking forward to the update.

Hope to meet you on my thru hike.

Happy Trails :dance

Hammock Hanger
02-26-2004, 13:17
Jack enjoy your summer. Hasmmock Hanger

Jaybird
02-26-2004, 14:42
Just wanted to let my friends know I'll be leaving Hanover tomorrow and will be gone til sometime in July.......................................

Moving south from there,.............................

Unless plans change dramatically, will be in or around Hot Springs, NC for much of the spring;
See you all down the line somewhere........

Yo Jack:

I (along with Jigsaw, Model-T, DragonFly, & TooTall) will be hiking Clingmans to Hot Springs, NC May 1st-May 8th............

maybe we'll get to meet in person! :p

see ya'll UP the trail!

TJ aka Teej
02-26-2004, 17:48
Have a good one, or two, Jack :D

WalkinHome
02-26-2004, 21:55
Give Tricks a big ole kiss for me - see you at Trail Days. Be Safe

The Old Fhart
02-26-2004, 22:07
See you at Trail Days, Jack.