PDA

View Full Version : Royal Order of the Scottie Dog

sasquatch2014
07-10-2008, 14:28
I had an oppertunity this past week to have a group of Thru hikers stay with me on their way through Pawling New York. As is always the case we began talking about places that we stayed along the trail. As we started to talk about Bears Den Hostel in Va I made a commment about how when I went through at the ned of two days of heavy rain I had nothing that was dry so I put on some of the spare clothes that they have for hikers to wear while the are there and doing wash. It turns out that one of the hikers Loveboat and I both wore the same red Scottie Dog PJ's.

We decided that this was a true honor and is only something obtained by a few proud hikers every year and so it was decided that the Royal Order of the Scottie Dog should be created for those few who have obtained the hight of Bear Den fashion.

I would be glad to hear from any other hikers who have had this same distinction and honor. I believe that there may even be a picture of me in the offical uniform of the Royal Order of the Scottie Dog somehere and I will do my best to find it and post it.