PDA

View Full Version : I need Water Assist

Lion King
07-10-2008, 15:13
No, this isn't an AT thread but since I know a lot of you I was wondering if any of you had any info or if any of you lived close enough to the Kokopelli trail out of Grand Junction CO to Moab UT to bring some water out in a week or so.

MY next stretch of the ADT goes that route.

If nothing else you could bring your bike out and trek the 140 miles for fun, but it is hot and it is dry and there is NO water...well very little over that stretch and I am screwed basically. Guess I could carry 10 gallons and hike only at night, but I figure if anyone here is close they may want to come out.

In Salida CO right now, heading back to Crested Butte in a bit as I had to come here to deal with Salmonella poisoning...not a bit of fun when you are in the Rockies I can promise you. I thought Giarrdia finally caught up to me and my non filtering ways.

Survivor Dave
07-10-2008, 22:03
Bump. Thread is now re-opened.

StarLyte
07-10-2008, 22:34
Geezus LK!

I can't believe this happened to you. I'm so sorry to hear this.
Is there anyone out that way that can help? If so, please...respond. He needs help!

LK I'm pm'ing you....

Tennessee Viking
07-10-2008, 22:43
No, this isn't an AT thread but since I know a lot of you I was wondering if any of you had any info or if any of you lived close enough to the Kokopelli trail out of Grand Junction CO to Moab UT to bring some water out in a week or so.

MY next stretch of the ADT goes that route.

If nothing else you could bring your bike out and trek the 140 miles for fun, but it is hot and it is dry and there is NO water...well very little over that stretch and I am screwed basically. Guess I could carry 10 gallons and hike only at night, but I figure if anyone here is close they may want to come out.

In Salida CO right now, heading back to Crested Butte in a bit as I had to come here to deal with Salmonella poisoning...not a bit of fun when you are in the Rockies I can promise you. I thought Giarrdia finally caught up to me and my non filtering ways.Sounds like you had a bad experience with a tomato. Take care before getting back on trail.

Its been years since I been in Western Colorado. But I remember summer being quite dry, and that was me car camping from GJ to Monte Vista/Alamosa in the Rio Grande Forest.

Lion King
07-14-2008, 14:32
seriously...

okay, plan my Gathering Memorial now.