PDA

View Full Version : Waldies vs. Usupers

MedicineMan
02-25-2004, 23:41
Just returned from 10 days of kayaking the rivers and bays of Florida..before leaving my oldest daughter had given me a pair of Waldies for my BD so I got to thoroughly compare the Waldies to the Usurpers....throwing them into the truck before leaving turned out to be a good thing because I had forgotten my Chota's, which I normally use on my feet when paddling..my drysuit has goretex footies that need protection and then at the same time I'm realizing I had forgotten the Chotas La AquaNa pointed out that I had the Waldies.
The oldest daughter told me they are made of recycled kayaks and I think they are a Canadian product....now the comparison:
Waldies are heavier-but not by much, weights of both have been posted here I believe in previous posts, if you want I can reweigh either.
Waldies drain water MUCH faster than Usurpers.
Waldies have little knobbies in the footbed that massage your feet, even drove many a mile from TN to Fl and back wearing them and liking them.
Waldies have a ridge behind the heel that helps keep them on but Usupers dont have a ridge and it is maybe easier to get them off, relative to each other that is.
Waldies are a wee bit higher off the ground.

I did walk probably a total of 3 miles in the Waldies, note this was on Florida type trails, sand,roots,leaves but all essentiall level ground and all in all I think I prefer Waldies to Usupers with the EXCEPTION of weight, so it is still the Usurper that will be on my hiking trips, whereas my paddling bag now has a pair of Waldies in it.