PDA

View Full Version : Marmot Pounder

austinlowes17
07-12-2008, 21:53
Does anyone have experience with a Marmot Pounder? I'm thinking about getting one.

wilconow
07-12-2008, 22:31
Great summer bag. so light and packs down to a softball. I wouldn't bring if it's going to be under 60 degrees at night.. but I'm a cold sleeper too. plus I have a montbell 20 degree bag that is pretty light too. I could bring the Pounder down to like 30 degrees with some good clothes to supplement

rpenczek
07-14-2008, 08:17
My son uses this bag from late spring to early summer. He gets cold at 45 degrees, but wearing fleese to bed solves that problem. Above 50 and he is very comfortable.

The bag is light, quality constructed, reasonable in price and as noted by wilconow, you can compress it down to the sice of a softball. My son uses as extra small granite gear airline compression sack.

Another bag to consider (if you are an air pad fan) is the Big Agnes Lost Dog with a Big Agnes Air Core pad. Room, comfort and the bag packs donw really really small. I am comfortable in this bag to about 45 degrees.

kanga
07-14-2008, 08:45
wow. much better advice than i've seen in the past. thanks for posing the question, austin. i've been thinking about getting one because of the size but now i'm glad i didn't. i need more range than that, even in the summer.

angewrite
07-14-2008, 08:50
For summer hiking I use the Marmot trails (I think that's what it's called) mad out of their dry climb material. I had debated on which one to get (the pounder or trails) and went with the latter because it was more versatile and I can use it as a liner in my Marmot angelfire for col weather camping. I was satisfied with my bag, it's roomy and it kept me warm above 50 degrees. Any colder, like the pounder, I needed extra layers but it was great on those hot, humid July nights.

Phreak
07-14-2008, 09:29
I was disappointed in the Pounder. I loved the size and weight, but felt the temp rating was way off.