PDA

View Full Version : Department Of The Interior Deadline For Comments On Right-To-Carry In Natl. Parks

WalksInDark
07-13-2008, 12:26
In case you don't know, and/or the outdoor enthusiasts clubs /websites you visit don't know about this important initiative to allow those who AND ARE ALREADY IN POSSESSION OF A STATE ISSUED PERMIT TO CARRY A CONCEALED WEAPON and also wish*** the right to legally carry firearms in National parks; please share this info with whoever might find this information useful.

You can provide comments regarding your strong expectation that Right To Carry FOR FOLKS WHO ALREADY ARE IN POSSESSION OF A STATE ISSUED PERMIT TO CARRY A CONCEALED WEAPON in national parks will pass....and also add some of the reasons you think it is so important: self protection from dangerous animals, and from lawbreakers---murders, robbers, rapists, etc. who are looking for unarmed victims---all of whom will be out of the reach of the "Long Arm Of The Law; ability to use firearm as a loud noise maker in case you get lost; sense of personal/family security; your rights under the Second Amendment of the Constitution, etc. Keeping law abiding citizens from becoming criminals, just because they exercise their Second Amendment Constitutional rights. I am sure that you can come up with plenty of other reasons on your own as well.

**Admittedly, there are folks ALREADY IN POSSESSION OF A STATE ISSUED PERMIT TO CARRY A CONCEALED WEAPON, who already carry fire arms in National Parks either because of documented concerns for their safety from: dangerous wildlife (bears, wolves, etc.); recent criminal activity (lawbreakers---murders, robbers, rapists, etc. who are looking for unarmed victims, etc.). Under present National Park rules, each and every one of these (otherwise) law abiding citizens could be subject to a felony conviction with penalties up to $5,000 & up to 6 months in jail.

Comments can be made by e-mail by going to: http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main?main=DocumentDetail&o=090000648053d497

Once you are at that web page, just click your mouse on the icon next to "Add Comments." NOTEWELL: YOU DO NOT NEED TO FILL IN ANY OF THE INFO IN THE SPACE ABOVE "GENERAL COMMENTS" UNLESS YOU WANT TO.

If you do not want to send your comments via e-mail but would rather write, here is the mailing address info:
Public Comments Processing
Attn: 1024-AD70
Division of Policy and Directives Management
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Drive, Suite 222
Arlington, VA 22203

The deadline for submitting comments is August 8, 2008

If campers and outdoors folks anywhere or everywhere fail to take prompt action on this proposed rule making, the anti-gunners (and probably the next President and Congress) will make sure that guns remain prohibited in national parks. The choice is yours.

Feel free to post this important information to whatever outdoor-related websites your regularly visit!

Lone Wolf
07-13-2008, 12:32
i'm all for it

Old Hillwalker
07-13-2008, 12:34
I feel that question number one is worded in a manner to skew the results toward either choosing not to respond, or choose the last question which supports hiking while armed. Viet Nam Combat Vet, US Army 1968 & 1969 and I like firearms.

Bob S
07-13-2008, 12:40
I agree the questions are not really worded right or meant to sway the results.

minnesotasmith
07-13-2008, 12:42
It needs to add that the "Full Faith" clause applies to CCW permits, so if you get one in one state, you're legal to carry in all 49 others.

I've never understood why that was an allowed exception, when a house sale, traditional marriage, etc., all come under it.

urbansix
07-13-2008, 12:43
Wait - did this just post to all forums simultaneously? I was just on HammockForums and there it was. Cut/paste:
The most obvious choice: "No, but I think that the chances of something bad happening to me are very remote." is not offered. Doesn't look like the outcome of the poll is here nor there, judging by the rest of the post. Do you carry the axe and the grinder everywhere or just the axe? (Concealed?)

Bearpaw88
07-13-2008, 12:57
The poll choices are odd.
I have not felt I was in danger while hiking yet I support the right to bear arms.
I would never carry a gun while hiking because I do not believe it is necessary. What's the point?

Odd Thomas
07-13-2008, 14:46
I think the laws should defer to the State. I'm not comfortable with people messing with federal laws unless there's a specific reason why it should be a federal issue rather than a state issue like the Constitution says.

As for carrying in federal parks as a state issue, I'm all for it, although I don't carry myself.

Cuffs
07-13-2008, 14:47
Putting this aside for the moment.