PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming surgery..

mindi
07-13-2008, 12:34
So, I have to have surgery for a brain tumor on August 15th. It's supposed to be relatively low-risk and I shouldn't have any problems, but I may end up having to postpone my hike since I'm going to be out of work for a while and not able to save money. Financially I'm already in the hole and between doctor bills and missing work...ugh. So Combat and I may end up heading north after all, starting in fall or winter. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the southbound still, but it all depends how long my recovery takes. Please keep me in your thoughts, everyone!

Hammock Hanger
07-13-2008, 12:38
So, I have to have surgery for a brain tumor on August 15th. It's supposed to be relatively low-risk and I shouldn't have any problems, but I may end up having to postpone my hike since I'm going to be out of work for a while and not able to save money. Financially I'm already in the hole and between doctor bills and missing work...ugh. So Combat and I may end up heading north after all, starting in fall or winter. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the southbound still, but it all depends how long my recovery takes. Please keep me in your thoughts, everyone!

Prayers going out to you. My friend had this surgery (or something similar for a brain tumor) she did okay. Stay strong, stay positive.

Bob S
07-13-2008, 13:38
I hope all goes well for you.

Roots
07-13-2008, 14:16
Fingers are crossed and prayers are with you. Please let us know how you are doing. :)

4eyedbuzzard
07-13-2008, 14:43
Sorry to hear you are ill. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Old Grouse
07-13-2008, 14:51
My wife had a brain tumor removed a couple of years ago and is fine now, though she dreads the followup MRIs. If you need someone to talk with about it, I know she'd be glad to. PM me if you wish. I'm sure you'll do well and be back on the trail sooner than you thought. My prayers are with you.

OG

Blissful
07-13-2008, 16:47
I'm so sorry to hear this. May it go well. Take care.

shelterbuilder
07-13-2008, 19:37
Good luck with your surgery...I've already said a prayer for you. I have more surgery coming up in August in the aftermath of my laryngectomy (cancer) last May, and this should fix a lot for me. Stay strong, and remember that you won't be alone in this, that Someone will be watching over you and walking with you every step of the way.

Cookerhiker
07-13-2008, 19:40
Hope all goes well with your surgery and you're back on the Trail, but more important, ready to resume a vigorous life. My prayers are with you.

dmax
07-13-2008, 19:41
I wish you a very healthy recovery. Keep positive and all will go well.

Rain Man
07-13-2008, 20:37
Here's wishing you a speedy and full recovery!

Rain Man

Erin
07-13-2008, 20:53
I have had a friend go thru this and he is still great after 8 years. His recovery was pretty quick too and I bet he was not as half as fit as you. A saying I gave to him at the time was "You can't change the wind, but you can adjust the sails." Keep your dream.
You can do it. My best wishes are with you.

dixicritter
07-13-2008, 20:55
Mindi, I hope your surgery goes smoothly! I'll keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Marta
07-13-2008, 21:25
Best wishes, Mindi.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-13-2008, 23:49
::: Dino wraps a loving and healing tail around Mindi and will be praying until she is well :::

A-Train
07-14-2008, 00:34
Here's wishing you the best through the times to come. Hang in there!

JAK
07-14-2008, 00:45
Knock it out of the park Mindi. Then run the bases.

Sailor (The other one)
07-14-2008, 04:50
Prayers for you, Mindi.

Jim Adams
07-14-2008, 08:48
Always think'in of you...just more intense now. Good luck.

geek

mindi
07-14-2008, 21:30
Thanks everyone. You all make this weird salty substance come out of my eyes. I'll have to look into that.

Luckily for me, they are almost positive that the tumor is benign and the neurosurgeon tells me that it couldn't be in a better place as far as surgery goes, it's right on the surface so the risks of damaging anything are quite low. They aren't even going to have to shave my head! (I was planning on a mohawk if that was going to be the case). I'm just anxious to get it over with and have the golf ball out of my brain.

I can't even begin to imagine what those of you who have dealt with cancer had to go through. What I'm dealing with is nothing compared to what you all have overcome and it's really humbling to hear from all of you. I'm keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers as well.

:D Sugargrits

budforester
07-14-2008, 22:28
Hang in there; they said mine was baseball- sized, and I don't think I've had a headache since. They let me off as benign, but I still didn't appreciate the haircut. That was 1961, and I suspect the technology and success rate have advanced some since then. I would appreciate hearing how it goes; We'll be thinking of you.

TOW
07-14-2008, 22:31
May the Great Creator bless you with a fast healing and supply you with finances to see you thru this and for the journey on the trail that is to come........

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-15-2008, 07:17
::: Dino pokes nose into curled tail and nuzzles salty substance off Mindi's cheeks :::

Hang in there - you aren't doing this alone. The group here is walking with you..

peanuts
07-16-2008, 18:55
mindi, sending you best wishes and a speedy recovery!!

akaGrace
08-18-2008, 14:02
Has anyone heard from Mindi and know how she is doing since her surgery? Mindi, if you are reading the posts know that we are all thinking of you and wishing you well this Aug. 18. akaGrace