PDA

View Full Version : Found on Trail

semper1018
07-14-2008, 17:09
I found a camera on the trail in Hanover, New Hampshire area. Please contact me if it is yours. [email protected]

WalkingStick75
07-14-2008, 19:19
Another spot to post it is: http://ifoundyourcamera.blogspot.com/

Cuffs
07-14-2008, 22:39
Were there any pics of people? Might want to post 1 or 2? Also, check all the images on the memory card... I took a photo of my business card and "locked' it on there...

Nest
07-15-2008, 00:26
Were there any pics of people? Might want to post 1 or 2? Also, check all the images on the memory card... I took a photo of my business card and "locked' it on there...

Oooh, I'm gonna do that.

Yeah, if there are any pictures of people post them. The group that I was hiking with for a while earlier this year is in that area now. So I might recognize someone there.

urbansix
07-15-2008, 06:08
... I took a photo of my business card and "locked' it on there...
What a great idea!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-15-2008, 07:14
My memory cards all have both an image and text file with info about how to get in touch with me.

I agree with the poster that said to post a pic or two of photos of people on the card - someone here will likely recognize her/himself or recognize the owner and contact him / her if the owner is not a member here.

Pilgrim2K
07-15-2008, 11:23
I found a camera on the trail in Hanover, New Hampshire area. Please contact me if it is yours. [email protected]

Semper, I sent you an e-mail last night about the owner of the camera. Didn't you get it? It had his address and the last pictures that were taken

Nest
07-15-2008, 19:46
Ok, I believe Semper is SOBO on the trail right now, so she probalby won't be able to reply very often. I sent her an email and got a response so I will let everyone know what she said to help narrow it down. She said it is a 35mm film camera with only 6 pictures taken. She hasn't developed them yet, so no clue of what is on them.

I would think that a film camera would more likely belong to a section or day hiker. I can't remember seeing a single film camera being used by a thru hiker this year, and that's something that would stand out.

Unfortuantely having only 6 pictures taken means chances of seeing a person in them is rare. The good thing is that the chances of a special picture that would be missed are rare too. So hopefully the person who lost the camera is just out on a camera, and not any memories that would be on film.

Bare Bear
07-18-2008, 18:36
My best photos are in my mind where they are always accessible.
That is nice of you to help try to find the owner. It is the type of thing that hikers do as a matter of course.