PDA

View Full Version : Williams Inn / Williamstown, MA

BackTrack1
07-16-2008, 20:41
has anyone ever parked here, they say its $2.00 per day,
is it a safe place to leave a car for a week, they say they want you to leave your keys, im afraid someone may drive it while im gone, think i need to worry???

A-Train
07-17-2008, 00:10
is it a safe place to leave a car for a week, they say they want you to leave your keys, im afraid someone may drive it while im gone, think i need to worry???

Why not leave it at the place in North Adams, just east of the trail? It's like a local Knights of Columbus sort of club (listed in the guidebooks). I left a car there overnight and they didn';t charge me.

Cosmo
07-17-2008, 18:00
The Greylock Community Club. 413-664-9020. They are used to hikers (LT End to Enders for example) leaving their cars there for extended periods. They are 200yds from the AT at Rt 2. Williams Inn is more than 5 miles.They may request a small donation.

OR, I'll only charge you $1.75 a day to leave it in my driveway....such a deal!

Cosmo

No Belay
07-25-2008, 23:39
Cosmo, I'll take you on that. You do take Confederate money don't you?

celt
04-23-2009, 12:58

The Williams Inn has a great reputation in Williamstown and personally I trust them with my car. The Inn is centrally located in town and their lots are looked after by the staff. They like you to leave the keys mostly so it can be moved for snow removal. Not a big problem this time of year.

I just recently left my car with them during a week long hike in CT and MA. My car was in their lot from Monday morning to Friday afternoon and they didn't charge me for the two half days. Total charge: $6.00. My car was untouched when I returned. I chose the Inn mostly because I was using the Peter Pan Busslines and the local Berkshire Buses to get to and from the trailheads. The Inn is a stop for both bus services.

mrc237
04-23-2009, 13:34
The Greylock Community Club. 413-664-9020. They are used to hikers (LT End to Enders for example) leaving their cars there for extended periods. They are 200yds from the AT at Rt 2. Williams Inn is more than 5 miles.They may request a small donation.

OR, I'll only charge you $1.75 a day to leave it in my driveway....such a deal!

Cosmo

Left my car at The GCC for 30 days in 03 whilst I hiked the LT. No charge. I did have a few "socialbles" at the very friendly club bar and left a generious gratuity afterwards. BT told me that PD patrols the area frequently.