PDA

View Full Version : Damascus shuttle for day hike

Mrs Baggins
07-19-2008, 09:36
We're going to be staying at the Lazy Fox for a few days and just want to do some day hiking. Who best to call if we'd like to get shuttled about 15 miles north for a day hike back to town? It would be on a Friday.

Phreak
07-19-2008, 09:42
We're going to be staying at the Lazy Fox for a few days and just want to do some day hiking. Who best to call if we'd like to get shuttled about 15 miles north for a day hike back to town? It would be on a Friday.
Lone Wolf or The Only Wanderer

Jason of the Woods
07-19-2008, 09:46
LW's # is in the laundrymat there.

Mrs Baggins
07-19-2008, 09:49
Thanks. We're not getting up there til late in the day (around 8:30 pm or so) on Thursday, July 31st, so I need to get this arranged before we get there. That way we can just get up, have our breakfast and go. :sun

Sidewinder
07-19-2008, 10:20
MB- if LW and TOW aren't available Mt Rogers Outfitters has a shuttle service. I made arrangements with them for an after hours shuttle.

Lone Wolf
07-19-2008, 10:32
MB- if LW and TOW aren't available Mt Rogers Outfitters has a shuttle service. I made arrangements with them for an after hours shuttle.

i'm available all hours of the day and i'm the cheapest priced shuttle around

gungho
07-19-2008, 20:33
go with LW he is ypur best bet

Ron Haven
07-19-2008, 23:03
i'm available all hours of the day and i'm the cheapest priced shuttle aroundGungho's right.Lone Wolf will keep you laughing too;)

River Runner
07-20-2008, 01:49
Lone Wolf provided shuttle services for me in the Damascus area this spring. I was pleased with the ride, price, and the conversation. It's not every day you get to chat with a renowned WhiteBlazer!

P.M. him to get his phone number before your hike and to work out details. Be prepared - depending on your provider I guess your cell phone may not work in Damascus. I had AT&T and could not get service anywhere close to town.

TOW
07-20-2008, 06:09
i'm available all hours of the day and i'm the cheapest priced shuttle around
he sure is because i charge four times as much as him, i have to do everything by bicycle............we bike you up there, then come back and bike your friends or family, then come back and get your packs and so forth........

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-20-2008, 09:24
Another vote for the LW shuttle service. LW and his lady, Gypsy, are wonderful people - a warm, loving and caring couple who love the trail and hiking. It would be hard to find anyone who knows more about the AT and trails and roads that intersects it than LW does -- his memory is amazing.

Mrs Baggins
07-20-2008, 09:37
Another vote for the LW shuttle service. LW and his lady, Gypsy, are wonderful people - a warm, loving and caring couple who love the trail and hiking. It would be hard to find anyone who knows more about the AT and trails and roads that intersects it than LW does -- his memory is amazing.

Done and done! :D We're all hooked up with LW. I look forward to buying him a beer at the end of the day.