PDA

View Full Version : Montrail Hardrock GTX Mid

sbennett
07-23-2008, 12:32
Supposedly Montrail is offering a midcut Hardrock with goretex at some point this year (listed in Backpacker's '08 Gear Guide and available for backorder on Mountain Gear). Has any one heard any information on these shoes, perhaps when they'll actually be available? Has anyone actually seen a pair in person?

Here's a link for the only picture of them I've seen:

http://www.mountaingear.com/pages/product/product.asp/CMP/KNC-97950/cmpn/97950/store/MG/item/113623/N/0

socalhiker
07-23-2008, 18:24
Having excellent experience with the Namches, I want the Hardrocks to use in wet winter weather. I contacted Montrail asking why it did not display them currently at its website and why they were not widely available. Customer service responded that it will be on the website as soon as it updates its current online catalog to the new fall catalog and will at that time begin shipping them to retailers.

This, of course, is great news considering that the new Hardrocks will be somewhat more user friendly over the Namche with the addition of lacing hooks at the top of the boot.

sbennett
07-23-2008, 20:20
It really should be a sweet shoe; the lacing hooks will be a big upgrade over the Namche...I always had trouble getting my foot into those things (but man it was comfortable when it go in)

I imagine they'll start shipping fairly soon. I know the outfitter I work at occasionally is beginning to get a lot of stuff in for the fall already. yes!