PDA

View Full Version : Sprint between Erwin and Damascus

Disney
07-24-2008, 01:38
This may seem sacriligious, and indeed I cringe at asking the question, but needs must when the devil drives.

A very old friend of mine wants to spend some time hiking with me. I have chosen Erwin to Damascus for reasons of convenience. The problem is that he is the only IT admin for his company and can only get the time off if he can contact the company while we are gone. Does Sprint have coverage (voice and data) between Erwin and Damascus? I promise I'll hit him (hard) if he tries contact around other hikers.

SGT Rock
07-24-2008, 02:02
Tell him yes anyway.

Pony
07-24-2008, 02:44
I used Sprint. Past Helen, Ga, I didn't get service until Erwin TN. However, I kept the phone off most of the time, so you may have better luck.

Cabin Fever
07-24-2008, 07:29
Tell him yes anyway.

Oh yes, tell him yes anyway.

Honestly, Sprint coverage is pretty much focused on Kingsport, Bristol, Johnson City and the interstate here. I have Sprint and I have gotten reception standing on Beauty Spot and Unaka when I had a pretty clear shot to the mountain by the interstate with towers. I have also had some reception standing on the balds. Other than that, forget it about it.

Lone Wolf
07-24-2008, 07:31
Damascus has a Sprint tower

double j
07-24-2008, 14:29
ill be going thru there .....i have alltel .ill give u an update if i rem.

Tennessee Viking
07-24-2008, 17:37
I had Virgin which runs off of Sprint towers. In my experience, if you are on a open mountain top. Beauty Spot & Roan Balds. I mainly got good reception just on the major highways in the area. As soon as I got on the side roads, it went completely out. Iron Mtn Gap to Roan High, nothing. Dennis Cove/Buck Mtn nothing. I had spotty reception on Holston Mtn and thru Shady Valley.

Kirby
07-25-2008, 20:54
Sprint sucks in that section until you are honing in on Damascus.

Kirby

double j
07-26-2008, 15:35
yup from tn91 to watauga dam had signal....i use the alltel smart phone

Phreak
07-26-2008, 16:00
I Promise I'll Hit Him (hard) If He Tries Contact Around Other Hikers.
...lol...