PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Hiking Partner, 2009 NoBo leaving Mar1

SurferNerd
07-26-2008, 16:24
Alrighty, let's see how this goes. I'm 21, male, a medically discharged Marine, and an IT Professional. I grew up a boy scout, and have been hiking on the AT since I was 14. I'm a son of a preacher. My current residence is Nashville, TN to which I will happily return to after I'm done. I'm leaving from Springer on March 1, 2009. I will be traveling light, and moving at a steady pace. I wish to make this last. I'm not looking to rush the trip, I want to enjoy nature and what it offers. I will not be staying in hostels except on occasion to refuel, regear, launder, and shower. I look to end somewhere in August, possibly September. I'm fully geared with lightweight components, and will be carrying a SPOT for emergencies and family updating. I'm happily taken by a beautiful girl who will be joining me for a thru-hike after she completes college, so I'm not looking out looking for a girlfriend or hookup if a female wishes to hike with me. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Pickleodeon
07-29-2008, 20:46
Hi, I will also be leaving very early March nobo. I'm 22, F, also taken. I'm from PA, used to those boot-breaking rocks. I plan to start solo and see what happens, so I don't want to commit to go with anyone, also I'm kind of anal-retentive so people might get sick of hiking with me :) but maybe we'll meet up at some point along the way.

SurferNerd
07-30-2008, 13:30
Haha, I'm the same way. Maybe I'll see ya on the trail.

tgrundAT09
08-08-2008, 18:03
My partner just backed out on me. It sucks. I am planning on leaving early in March as well, so I may be interested. I'm trying to convince my brother to take off of school, but my mom isn't happy with the idea. Is your girlfriend joining you for part of this hike? My girlfriend may come out for a couple weeks as well. Let me know if you want to talk more about it.

SurferNerd
08-08-2008, 18:16
My partner just backed out on me. It sucks. I am planning on leaving early in March as well, so I may be interested. I'm trying to convince my brother to take off of school, but my mom isn't happy with the idea. Is your girlfriend joining you for part of this hike? My girlfriend may come out for a couple weeks as well. Let me know if you want to talk more about it.

Hey, I'm still looking for someone to hike with. I still have no takers. My girlfriend will be joining me for a week or more in the summer break from college. I'm in the gear prep phase searching, researching, testing, trying, borrowing, and figuring out what gear I'm taking. I'm hoping to work at REI by the end of this month, so I might even get much better deals. PM me some info about yourself.

djmpa2001
10-28-2008, 18:17
Hi Surfernerd,

my name is Dennis I am 54 yrs old male , retired and I am thru-hiking from Georgia to Maine. I plan on starting on March 11th 2009 from Amicalola Falls State Park. My pack wieght is 37lbs . I plan on an average hike of 12 miles a day or more depending on the weather, terrain ect. and reach Maine by late September.

I see you are planning on leaving on the first of March, perhaps we will meet up along the AT at some point.

Montana Mac
10-28-2008, 20:01
SurferNerd

I don't think you will have a problem finding someone to hike with. As of now there around 22 people that have said March 1st will be their starting date

phillycheze
10-29-2008, 10:41
yo

about 100 people start on each of these dates: march 1st, march 15th, 'first day of spring' (22nd?), april 1st, and april 15th.

most ppl that start with a planned partner separate quickly.

DapperD
10-29-2008, 12:18
Surfernerd, I noticed in the 2009 registry you have listed your EST as 4-1-09, where here it is listed as 3-1-09. Well what is it?

Newb
10-29-2008, 13:23
Why not leave March 4th? It's the only day that's also a commnand to start walking :)
As for hiking partners...One of the great things about the trail are the people you meet when you get there.

SurferNerd
11-16-2008, 23:01
I think ya'all are right, I'm just gonna start hiking and see where it goes. I guess I made a mistake in the registry. I'm leaving March 1st.