PDA

View Full Version : Glenclif Hiker Feed

GCHostel
07-28-2008, 18:02
August 2nd, 2008
Hikers Welcome Hostel
Glenclif, NH

For those in the area or those who are hiking thru; the Hikers Welcome Hostel in Glenclif NH will be hosting a hiker feed on August 2nd. Everyone is welcome. Come and have a great time.:banana

For more info call the Hikers Welcome (603) 989 0040

Thanks

Packrat, Phatt Chapp, and Bearpaw

Lion King
07-28-2008, 23:04
wish I could make it.

have fun ya'll.

Beware Malas coffee:D

mweinstone
07-29-2008, 06:47
im a frikkin slave to the man. have so much fun.

GCHostel
07-29-2008, 13:57
im a frikkin slave to the man. have so much fun.

We wish, both of you, could be here too.

Hope you're doing well Matty!

Malla coffee is great.:)

Kirby
07-29-2008, 15:33
These hiker feeds usually involve a lot of drinking.

angewrite
07-29-2008, 15:55

There's no reason for you to post that here. Have you ever been to the hiker feed in Glencliff? This isn't about drinking, this is about hikers getting together, enjoying good food, bad company and Mala's coffee :D

Lone Wolf
07-29-2008, 16:07
There's no reason for you to post that here.

for the most part it's true

Bearpaw88
07-29-2008, 16:13

Where did that come from?

We are not giving out alcohol. If people want to drink so be it. There is nothing wrong with that. I know you don't drink, but the people who will be drinking are responsible adults. They can do what they want.

This feed is about Fat Chapp and Blisters Birthday.

Kirby
07-29-2008, 18:22
There's no reason for you to post that here. Have you ever been to the hiker feed in Glencliff? This isn't about drinking, this is about hikers getting together, enjoying good food, bad company and Mala's coffee :D

Where did that come from?

We are not giving out alcohol. If people want to drink so be it. There is nothing wrong with that. I know you don't drink, but the people who will be drinking are responsible adults. They can do what they want.

This is a family website, the owners have made that clear. It should be noted that this event will involve drinking, meaning adults might not want to bring their children.

It's part of reality.

Kirby

Sly
07-29-2008, 18:33
This is a family website, the owners have made that clear. It should be noted that this event will involve drinking, meaning adults might not want to bring their children.

I don't know how much of a "family website" it is, or if that even makes a difference. My parents drank when I was growing up as probably most did. I would think, if anyone is opposed to drinking, it would be up to them to ask, but thanks for the warning. :rolleyes:

Pedaling Fool
07-29-2008, 19:02
Kirby, you've been on edge lately. I would say go take a hike, but you just got back from one. Just an observation, may even be an incorrect observation, just saying.

Pedaling Fool
07-29-2008, 19:04
...Beware Malas coffee:D
Not sure what that means, but if it is saying anything about the strength of his coffee, then I bet mine is stronger:D

Kirby
07-29-2008, 19:15
Kirby, you've been on edge lately. I would say go take a hike, but you just got back from one. Just an observation, may even be an incorrect observation, just saying.

Yeah, I've noticed. Still adjusting to life after the trail.

Lone Wolf
07-29-2008, 19:21
Not sure what that means, but if it is saying anything about the strength of his coffee, then I bet mine is stronger:D

it means there's a lot of grounds in it. i think his cowboy coffee is lousy. my opinion

DavidNH
07-29-2008, 19:29
With all due respect, Kirby is correct. Food and companionship is the purpose but yes there will be plenty of drinking. I can say this because AT thru hikers--the under 30 yr olds especially-- are heavy drinkers. I know this because I have seen this.

Moreover..I HAVE been to Trashgiving at the Hikers Welcome Hostel. Tons of food some nice people. There was also some drugs and lots of alcohol. I am not saying this was promoted.. far as I know it wasn't. But AT thru hikers being for the most part what they are where drinking is not specifically prohibited there will be lots of it. This is why I have stopped attending the trashgiving events.

perhaps Kirby's comment was unnecessary.. and we can argue whether the post needed to be made.. but the you can't quibble witht he accuracy of it. He is right on.

DavidNH

Kirby
07-29-2008, 19:40
With all due respect, Kirby is correct. Food and companionship is the purpose but yes there will be plenty of drinking. I can say this because AT thru hikers--the under 30 yr olds especially-- are heavy drinkers. I know this because I have seen this.

Moreover..I HAVE been to Trashgiving at the Hikers Welcome Hostel. Tons of food some nice people. There was also some drugs and lots of alcohol. I am not saying this was promoted.. far as I know it wasn't. But AT thru hikers being for the most part what they are where drinking is not specifically prohibited there will be lots of it. This is why I have stopped attending the trashgiving events.

perhaps Kirby's comment was unnecessary.. and we can argue whether the post needed to be made.. but the you can't quibble witht he accuracy of it. He is right on.

DavidNH

Affirmed.

Kirby

jigsaw
07-29-2008, 21:08
hey guys wish i could make it.happy b-day phatt chap its been awhile since we ran into one another have fun.im taking my daughters to see the jonas brothers concert in saratoga anybody have a spare set of earplugs,not for the music but the 15000 screaming 12 years old girls.i hope to be stopping in on labor weekend,see ya then.

trailangelmary
07-29-2008, 21:12
August 2nd, 2008
Hikers Welcome Hostel
Glenclif, NH

For those in the area or those who are hiking thru; the Hikers Welcome Hostel in Glenclif NH will be hosting a hiker feed on August 2nd. Everyone is welcome. Come and have a great time.

Thanks

Packrat, Phatt Chapp, and Bearpaw

I hope you all have a great time and enjoy the 08ers. And Happy Bday Phatt Chapp & Blister. And because hikers tend to like to have some adult beverages while in a town or at a hostel maybe you could make some of these and adjust them to suit. Or maybe you don't allow adult beverages at your hostel. I don't know. Although I have had many invites to the Glengliff Hostel by Phatt Chapp I have not been able to accept yet. Hopefully Yet being the key word in that sentence.

Anyway, I got this idea at the Gathering during one of the seminars and used it for the Billville Festival this season.
Thankfully, all in attendance were very responsible adult drinkers and I did not have to use any.

Sly
07-29-2008, 21:13
I think it can be taken for granted that there WILL be drinking at most hiker events.

trailangelmary
07-29-2008, 21:20
These hiker feeds usually involve a lot of drinking.Kirby

It should be noted that this event will involve drinking, meaning adults might not want to bring their children. Kirby

The first statement posted alone, I can understand why it puts people on the defensive. And I too did not understand why a person would post that at first till I read on. (second quote above)
So just a suggestion, Kirby. If you had stated all of this at the beginning we would not have posters getting heated. And it probably would be good if you used the word might not will.
If any one has questions if there will be alcoholic beverages at the event or any other questions about the event they can call the phone number posted and get accurate information from the hosts.

Bearpaw88
07-29-2008, 21:47
Great flag idea Trail Angel Mary! :D

Alcohol is allowed at the hostel, but we are not giving it out at the feed. If hikers or guests bring alcoholic beverages that is "their journey" as Phatt Chapp would say.

Hikerhead
07-29-2008, 22:17
It's safe to say that there will be drinking at any hiker event. What's the beef ? If you don't drink, don't. If you're not old enough to drink, don't come or come but don't drink.
Plain and simple.

Blister
07-29-2008, 22:45
For the record, this hiker feed is not a Billville Event.
This particular get together/actual hiker feed is in honor of both my and Phatt Chapps birthday. Phatt Chap has had a big feed every year, he does not drink, he is a retired preacher with a huge heart. This feed has been going on for a number of years, it's about food and music (locally we have many talented musicians, not to mention Packrat himself) I am looking forward to hopefully seeing the other 3 people I started on the Mexican border with, in addition to my trail angel when we got off the train to start. I am more excited about that than my birthday.

Kirby - the last time I saw you, Billvillians hooked you up with some gloves and a hat, you headed out for a hike in cold weather in the Whites thinking you were invinsible. This is not a Billville event, hikers coming through now are still the front runners, not really drinkers - gotta hike, gotta-hike, gotta-hike. If they go to the store and grab a beer, whatever outside of locals, the hostel WILL be quiet by 10pm. By the way how was your hike?

LW - I agree there are alot of grounds in Mala's Cowboy coffee, but when you roll out of a tent at trail daze, that rocks. That is coffee for the masses. We have the technology aka coffee makers and powdered milk. :)

DaveNH - What happens in Billville stays in Billville. You've been hangin out for a couple a years now. You came and had fun and good food - why come to the event then????

trailangelmary
07-29-2008, 23:21
Hi Blister,
I hope I didn't imply that this was a billville event. I was just showing what I used at the Billville event in case we needed to "flag" anyone.
Anyway HAVE A GREAT TIME AND A GREAT BIRTHDAY. MISS YOU.
LOL - That means lots of love!

This feed is about Fat Chapp and Blisters Birthday.Bearpaw

Phatt Chap has had a big feed every year, he does not drink, he is a retired preacher with a huge heart. This feed has been going on for a number of years, it's about food and music (locally we have many talented musicians, not to mention Packrat himself) I am looking forward to hopefully seeing the other 3 people I started on the Mexican border with, in addition to my trail angel when we got off the train to start. I am more excited about that than my birthday. Blister

the hostel WILL be quiet by 10pm.Blister

Thanks for the details - I think that this kind of info is important. And I agree Phatt Chapp has a BIG HEART. Miss you too Phatt Chapp!

Great flag idea Trail Angel Mary! Bearpaw
Thanks Bearpaw!

Sly
07-29-2008, 23:49
It's safe to say that there will be drinking at any hiker event. What's the beef ?

That I'm not going to make it. :mad:

Lion King
07-30-2008, 11:54
it means there's a lot of grounds in it.

Nail on head. :D

although it is strong.

And Kirby...

As most here have said, ah whatever...

Happy Birthday Blister Beotchin Sister and Chappy.

I have helped out and lived at HW in Glencliff and I tell you one thing for certian, there may be a few tired hard working hikers having beers at this event, but this isnt a "Party Hostel" by any means.

Packrat disgourages drinking overall, he doesnt frown on it or give anyone a hard time about it (Or anything for that matter) and he and Blister have been my friends for a very long time and I have to say on this one you are off base a bit over all.

It will be fun and it will be good, but it wont be a drunken orgy...unfortunately.:sun

Tin Man
07-30-2008, 12:19
Kirby was speaking from his Trashgiving experience. Totally different experience from what they are talking about for the feed.

Packrat is cool. He shuttled us at a very reasonable price and has great hiking stories. He likes beer too.

mountain squid
08-01-2008, 19:28
:)Preps appear to be going well. Anybody else coming?

See you on the trail,
mt squid

Bearpaw88
08-03-2008, 10:32
We all had a great time yesterday. We will be feeding hikers today as well; as they come off the trail soaking wet :eek:

There were around 30 people here, and no one left hungry!

Check for the picture soon of Blister wearing a tiara and holding a wand :D

CrumbSnatcher
08-03-2008, 13:44
August 2nd, 2008
Hikers Welcome Hostel
Glenclif, NH

For those in the area or those who are hiking thru; the Hikers Welcome Hostel in Glenclif NH will be hosting a hiker feed on August 2nd. Everyone is welcome. Come and have a great time.:banana

Thanks

Packrat, Phatt Chapp, and Bearpaw wish i could be there, someone tell packrat hello for me, he is a good ****,always a great stop- great hostel! see ya next year

bfitz
08-03-2008, 20:34
Wish I could have been there! My saturday was totally lame. I already miss you guys.

mweinstone
08-04-2008, 05:42
dude,....we'll have plenty of fun in rytland. calm down.