PDA

View Full Version : North Georgia, 1 - 3 Aug, Not Big Miles

Reverie
07-30-2008, 06:21
Is anyone interested in heading north this Friday? I have no intention of doing big miles but whatever my 49 year old, somewhat in-shape body can stand. I haven't firmed up any specifics so if you have something in mind or a suggestion for those days, please let me know. I do know it is going to be hot AND there will be a possibility of some rain on Friday but I don't get this opportunity very often and this opportunity just presented itself.

If I don't find a partner I am considering driving up to NC and doing Standing Indian.

Reverie

Yowiewolf
07-31-2008, 18:28
Let me know if you are in the Standing Indian area :)

jesse
07-31-2008, 19:08
Reverie,
I am taking my son and grandson to Ellicott Rock Friday, but we have to be back Saturday afternoon. I have never been on the Chatooga River trail, but I ts about 3 miles fairly flat from what I have read. You are welcome to come, even if its a short trip, and only an overnighter.

Nearly Normal
07-31-2008, 19:25
Just before you get to the river on Burrell's Ford Rd there is a pull off and information Koisk on the right. Park there. I usually park on the opposite side of the road as there is a place you can back up out of the way of everything.
Ellicott's Rock is about 4 miles up river.
If you plan to camp, hike past the East Fork (bridged) and when you get to a creek you have to rock hop there is a good place (Bad Creek) on both sides.
It's all good in there.
Watch for the patches of umbrella fern and Ground cedar.
Have a good hike.

jesse
07-31-2008, 21:19
thanks,
The directions for parking is that coming from GA, or from SC. We'll try to keep our impact low.

Reverie
07-31-2008, 22:42
I have hiked that several times and love that route. I would be willing to hike it tomorrow. I emailed you through the forum but if you didn't get it, please email me through the email address I have registered. I would do the Friday in - Saturday Out with yall and then do a short hike to hit Tray Mountain on Saturday afternoon leave Sunday.

I'm leaving from Marietta in the morning but will check my emails throughout the day and also check this site to see if you still want to hike

Reverie

Nearly Normal
07-31-2008, 23:05
thanks,
The directions for parking is that coming from GA, or from SC. We'll try to keep our impact low.

Hwy 107 SC.