PDA

View Full Version : Deuter Women's ACT Zero 55+10 SL Backpack

QuebecRun
07-30-2008, 12:01
Do any females have experience with the Deuter Women's ACT Zero 55+10 SL Backpack?

I have a ULA Conduit pack but am looking for something that can carry more volume and weight for longer trips.

I'm curvey, 5'7", 155 lbs. Looking to try a female specific pack to see if I can get a better fit than with guy's pack. Also like the idea of getting pack off my back and some air flow going that Deuter advertises. Want a pack that's around 3 lbs or less.

Appreciate any feedback on this pack or any female specific pack that is not right up against back. Thanks!

Chillfactor
05-30-2009, 18:30
The ACT Zero 55+10 SL backpack rocks! Just over 3 pounds. The fit is perfect and I like the padding in the shoulders and hips. Super roomy too. I got it for a trip in the Sierras and needed the "+10" to carry a bear canister. The only thing it didn't have is the bottom compartment for sleeping bag/etc. The trip was canceled so I returned it for the Deuter ACT lite 45+10 SL because it has the bottom compartment (but lacks the shovel pocket). A tradeoff I guess. And it's 4 more ounces. But try a Deuter. The SL's are for women are are seriously comfortable.

The Will
05-30-2009, 20:40
Not being a women I can't speak to the women's specific fit of the Deuter SL packs, but when hunting for a pack for my girlfriend it was an easy decision to go with the Deuter.

Interestingly, it was one of the last brands that I looked at and once I saw it, read about it and examined it, it was the choice hands down. Searching for that pack for her lead me to get one for myself.

You are looking in the right direction.

Fleur de Lis
11-22-2009, 13:35
I've been shopping for my first multi-day pack and tried the Deuter Women's ACT Lite 60+10 SL yesterday at REI, and it was awesome! I'm very curvy and really appreciate the padding in the back & hip belt. Another great feature was the adjustability of the shoulder strap attachment to the frame (can be lowered or raised to custom fit torso length). I like knowing that when/if I have less "junk in the trunk" I can adjust the length if need be. :) This pack felt super-light, and the price was definitely right!