PDA

View Full Version : Camping at/near Damascus this weekend

Mrs Baggins
07-30-2008, 19:15
We had planned to go up to Damascus Thursday evening and do some dayhiking from the Lazy Fox Inn. Family issues have come up :rolleyes: (for positive reasons) so we can't go Thursday. But we MIGHT be able to go Friday afternoon. If we drove up that evening we'd need a place to camp and then hike forward from there (or leave our tents set up and day hike as planned - - - Lone Wolf, we still might need you!). I've already canceled our reservations at the Lazy Fox and I don't want to jerk Ms. Ginny around. So where do we camp? A place we could set up and leave it all safely during the day? :confused:

Lone Wolf
07-30-2008, 19:20
pitch at The Place hostel. i go by there all day long checking on things or Dave's Place allows tenting too

Mrs Baggins
07-30-2008, 19:34
pitch at The Place hostel. i go by there all day long checking on things or Dave's Place allows tenting too

I will buy you all the beers you want if you can still help us out. And thank you a 1000 times over for the quick reply. I love hikers. :sun

RememberYourZen
07-31-2008, 09:24
I will buy you all the beers you want if you can still help us out. And thank you a 1000 times over for the quick reply. I love hikers. :sun

I'm from NC, but I'd be willing to make the drive up there to help Lone Wolf out if there's endless beer involved.:-?:)

montag451
07-31-2008, 10:07
I'll be staying at the Lazy Fox on Saturday night. I'll be in the area all day Saturday though. Not sure if it helps much.

Mrs Baggins
07-31-2008, 19:56
:( Ah well..........I should learn to stop making plans. Nothing ever works out the way I think it will. We have to be here in town all day tomorrow, which means no time to drive up to Damascus and then really have the time to enjoy it all before having to come right back on Sunday. So, another time. We're getting real close to our two weeks in the Scottish Highlands, so we're about out of time to do much hiking here until we get back, sometime after mid-September.

CherrypieScout
08-02-2008, 12:26
Y'all tell Ginny that Cherry from Alabama says HI!