PDA

View Full Version : ..so where do you carry the bear spray?

SteveJ
07-30-2008, 20:44
For reasons I'd rather not get into, I'm taking bear spray on an upcoming trip. I've never carried it before and am trying to figure out what the heck to do with it. (I got the 8.1 oz Counter Assault, with the nifty "GLOW in the dark safety wedge" at REI.:rolleyes:) Since I'm carrying the darn stuff, I might as well carry it where I can easily get to it while hiking. I carry a GGVT, and can't easily reach the small pockets on the side, so not really an option. I guess I could 'biner it to my waist belt, but don't really like the thought of it banging around as I walk. Stick it in my pants' pocket? That doesn't sound good either....

Ideas?

Thanks!

Steve

JERMM
07-30-2008, 21:05
I keep mine attached to the waist strap, easy to reach and doesn't bang around. The one I have has a belt loop on the back of the holster.

And I don't want to go into why I carry it either.

HikerRanky
07-30-2008, 21:20
Counter Assault makes holsters for the spray.... I put mine in the holster and put it on my waist belt, or the sternum strap.... You can get the holster at REI or from here. (http://www.counterassault.com)

SteveJ
07-30-2008, 21:59
A holster! Well, that makes sense...of course, the REI guy didn't think to ask me if I knew about / needed the holster... Thanks for the quick feedback!

Steve