PDA

View Full Version : farewell hemlock - i thought i had more time

Ashepabst
07-31-2008, 20:42
how did it happen so fast?

only so recently i’d lie beneath, pondering their decease with the hope that they’d hold out, hold on till my own-to-be could feel the hemlocks' warm retreat.

was it one year? two? three years ago? have so many seasons past?

i visited in march and then may, but it didn't occur to me. in March spring hadn't yet sprung. and May ... maybe it was denial.

then, in July, i came to see, rising the flanks, vying the mountain to best the trees ... could it still be winter? could it be? is it the deep emerald of the evergreens i see amongst their still-sleeping, deciduous facsimile?

of course not, that's silly. they're dead, just dead, no more no less. though, i'm not sure which to believe.

how could it be that a tree could stir such feelings in me? how could it be? that such a tree and the years it's seen, ushering by generations of you and me, could one day—yesterday—cease to be...

Blissful
07-31-2008, 21:03
We need a forum for poetry and musings, I guess. :)

Suggest maybe you create a blog - that's what I did.

kayak karl
07-31-2008, 21:13
how did it happen so fast?

only so recently i’d lie beneath, pondering their decease with the hope that they’d hold out, hold on till my own-to-be could feel the hemlocks' warm retreat.

was it one year? two? three years ago? have so many seasons past?

i visited in march and then may, but it didn't occur to me. in March spring hadn't yet sprung. and May ... maybe it was denial.

then, in July, i came to see, rising the flanks, vying the mountain to best the trees ... could it still be winter? could it be? is it the deep emerald of the evergreens i see amongst their still-sleeping, deciduous facsimile?

of course not, that's silly. they're dead, just dead, no more no less. though, i'm not sure which to believe.

how could it be that a tree could stir such feelings in me? how could it be? that such a tree and the years it's seen, ushering by generations of you and me, could one day—yesterday—cease to be...
Welcome to the club. in the future your poems will be of lost loves, children and bad business deals. HOW DID IT HAPPEN SO FAST?:D