PDA

View Full Version : Help on backpacking trip

Gumpa
08-03-2008, 20:30
Hi I am new to Whiteblaze. I am planing a 2009 thru hike Ga to Me. I have hiked but have not backpacked. I just got my equipment and my son has also bought equipment. We would like to try out our stuff and I would like to get ready for my thru hike. I am looking for a place that we can backpack for a night or two in our area and a place where I can park my truck. I am located 14 miles north of Boston. Thanks for any help that you can give me.:)

Monkeywrench
08-04-2008, 08:45
Hi I am new to Whiteblaze. I am planing a 2009 thru hike Ga to Me. I have hiked but have not backpacked. I just got my equipment and my son has also bought equipment. We would like to try out our stuff and I would like to get ready for my thru hike. I am looking for a place that we can backpack for a night or two in our area and a place where I can park my truck. I am located 14 miles north of Boston. Thanks for any help that you can give me.:)

If it were me I'd head out to western Massachusetts and do some weekends on the AT. There are several great weekend loops you can do. There's also the South Taconic Trail in that area. If that's not too long a drive for you let me know and I'll suggest a few specifics.

Southern Vermont has some great possibilities as well.

BTW I'm located about 10 miles south of Boston, in Quincy. :welcome