PDA

View Full Version : Long Trail summer/fall hike partner

Frosty
03-03-2004, 09:23
I'm starting plans for a Long Trail hike, end to end, this August or September, and am looking for a hikng partner. THe exact starting date is very flexible (I'm retired), but I intend to complete the hike in three weeks. That works out to about 14 miles a day (with a zero day built in if necessary), so it won't be a Bill Bryson-esque "walk in the woods" but it won't be a mad dash either.

Anyone interested, let me know. I'll post this again when it gets closer.

sakkit
03-05-2004, 20:39
I'm doing an End to End sometime in Aug. My plan is to also do it in 3 weeks. I'll be going south to north. My wife will meet me during the hike so I won't be leaving the trail to get supplies. I might be interested in a hiking partner.

sakkit

azchipka
03-05-2004, 20:52
I would be interested in doing this if any one wanted to leave like the second week of september. As i have to stay in the grana tetons till end of august

sakkit
03-05-2004, 21:00
I was planning for sometime in Aug but I,m flexable on this.

sakkit

sakkit
03-05-2004, 21:04
I think it would be fun to hook up with some of the list members:).

sakkit

2XL
03-05-2004, 23:01
I think it would be fun to hook up with some of the list members:).

sakkit
I would like to jump aboard for the first ten days or so. As long as the start is in the south in Sept.

sakkit
03-06-2004, 16:48
If this does happen what day would people like to leave :-? ? I would prefer a friday. But I am flexable somewhat on this.

sakkit

azchipka
03-06-2004, 17:49
The 10th, which is a friday would be perfect for me.....that lets me come home to vt for my yearly family camping trip over labor day, and then start the LT.......you want to start at the Canada border ah? :jump

Frosty
03-06-2004, 22:09
I'm doing an End to End sometime in Aug. My plan is to also do it in 3 weeks. I'll be going south to north. My wife will meet me during the hike so I won't be leaving the trail to get supplies. I might be interested in a hiking partner.

sakkit

August is my preference also. September is a possiblility, but would prefer to leave that open for now as it is my favorite WHite Mtns hiking time.

South to north is fine with me. Either way works for me, actually. I'd actually rather go north to south, but it seems more dramatic to walk to Canada rather than walk to Massachusetts. Also, the international border and monument seems a fitting closure to the hike.

Perhaps we could do a hike sometime and see if we hike well together. I did the Seven Sisters Trail a few years ago and always wanted to go back. I think that is between where we live (I live in Portsmouth NH and I see you're from Shelburne?) Interested?

azchipka
03-06-2004, 23:19
I'll be in the Teton's working from June 20th - September 1st. March 28th - June 16th I'll be on the AT but if you wanna come out to the Teton's your more then welcome to join me on one of my patrols for a week.

If you guys end up going in august im out, since i wont be back yet.

sakkit
03-07-2004, 15:33
Perhaps we could do a hike sometime and see if we hike well together. I did the Seven Sisters Trail a few years ago and always wanted to go back. I think that is between where we live (I live in Portsmouth NH and I see you're from Shelburne?) Interested?[/QUOTE]

I would like to get together for a hike of the Seven Sisters. I ran that a few times some years ago. It was a trail race that started and ended at the Notch visitor center. 12 miles out and back. Lots of fun :banana .

I do live in Shelburne MA.

Hiking south to north is easier for me since I live about 35 miles away from the trail entrance. I don't have to waste a day just to travel.

sakkit

sakkit
03-07-2004, 15:45
The 10th, which is a friday would be perfect for me.....that lets me come home to vt for my yearly family camping trip over labor day, and then start the LT.......you want to start at the Canada border ah? :jump

A friday start is good for me because I get 3 more days of vacation out of it. North to south does not work for me. I would waste a day to travel when I could be out on the trail. As far as month of departure I'm still open. It would be nice to be able to hook up with list members for some or all of the hike.

sakkit

Frosty
03-07-2004, 20:44
I would like to get together for a hike of the Seven Sisters. I ran that a few times some years ago. It was a trail race that started and ended at the Notch visitor center. 12 miles out and back. Lots of fun

Hiking south to north is easier for me since I live about 35 miles away from the trail entrance. I don't have to waste a day just to travel.

sakkit

I'm going to be hiking the Seven Sisters out and back from the Visitor Center on April 17 with a friend. You are welcome to join us, or if that date isn't good for you I'm up for doing it more that once.

South to north is fine with me. August is fine. September is possible, but cannot hike the week after Labor Day due to family vacation.

I can start any day of the week.

Frosty
03-07-2004, 21:58
I would be interested in doing this if any one wanted to leave like the second week of september. As i have to stay in the grana tetons till end of august

I thought you were hking the AT this year?

azchipka
03-07-2004, 23:18
I thought you were hking the AT this year? Only till june 16th, then i am repostion or stationed or how ever you want to put it back to my home station in the tetons.

Frosty
03-08-2004, 09:17
Only till june 16th, then i am repostion or stationed or how ever you want to put it back to my home station in the tetons.

Not a bad place to work ...