PDA

View Full Version : Ice Age Trail Breaks Ground On New Headquarters

IceAge
08-06-2008, 14:14
News article here: http://www.channel3000.com/goinggreen/16815801/detail.html

mkmangold
08-07-2008, 02:25
Ice Age: I'm not sure of the necessity of this. I'm also a little leary of centralizing things close to Madison, too. What're your thoughts?

IceAge
08-08-2008, 20:13
Well, Madison is where most of the money for the trail comes form, so it makes some sense to have a visible presence there.

I think the visitor's center at the Henry Reuss building would be just fine as a a headquarters, but it's in the middle of nowhere and maybe they think they need more visibility. I do hate to see $$ being spent for administration that could be used to build trail, but I won't second-guess the powers-that-be until I know all the facts.

mkmangold
08-09-2008, 00:23
Well, Madison is where most of the money for the trail comes form, so it makes some sense to have a visible presence there.

I think the visitor's center at the Henry Reuss building would be just fine as a a headquarters, but it's in the middle of nowhere and maybe they think they need more visibility. I do hate to see $$ being spent for administration that could be used to build trail, but I won't second-guess the powers-that-be until I know all the facts.

Ya, I appreciate you bringing all that to our attention. So my concern is not with you reporting that but rather with what is the point. Are you up for a shelter's night out this Sunday?