PDA

View Full Version : We interupt this thruhike for a special announcement!

Chaco Taco
08-06-2008, 14:32
Chaco Taco (aka Colonel Chaco) here. I have a very special announcement I would like to make to everyone in the AT community. NO, Wak is not pregnant and we are not getting married. When we reach the Little Pond, Vermont area and White Cliffs, my girlfriend Wakapak will be reaching her 5,000 mile on the Appalachian Trail. She would never fess up how many miles she has done because of her modesty so Im going to do it. As many of you may know, she has done this 2 previous times and joined me in Damascus this year. I just want to express to everyone in this community how truly proud I am of her. She knows it. I also wanted to brag on her for a bit because she deserves the recognition. She has been inspiration for me on my thruhike this year. Jen I love you honey and am so very very proud of you! I cant wait til we summit Katahdin together!
This message brought to you by the Coalition To Prevent Slack Attacks!

wakapak
08-06-2008, 14:42
Chaco Taco (aka Colonel Chaco) here. I have a very special announcement I would like to make to everyone in the AT community. NO, Wak is not pregnant and we are not getting married. When we reach the Little Pond, Vermont area and White Cliffs, my girlfriend Wakapak will be reaching her 5,000 mile on the Appalachian Trail. She would never fess up how many miles she has done because of her modesty so Im going to do it. As many of you may know, she has done this 2 previous times and joined me in Damascus this year. I just want to express to everyone in this community how truly proud I am of her. She knows it. I also wanted to brag on her for a bit because she deserves the recognition. She has been inspiration for me on my thruhike this year. Jen I love you honey and am so very very proud of you! I cant wait til we summit Katahdin together!

THe Coalition to Prevent Slack Attacks huh??? oh my....

Thanks Chaco...love you too and can't wait for the next 3 states of hiking together and to see the look on your face on top alot of these mountains coming up...some of the best stuff is yet to come!!

okay..now i'm gonna go away in a slight state of embarassment...:o

Chaco Taco
08-06-2008, 14:45
Its funny that we are flirting on here when you are two computers down from me. Hehe! Lets go Hike now, what do ya say??

Thru Hiker Wife
08-06-2008, 14:49
You two are so cute. Congrats, Wak. We miss you on the thread. Happy hiking you two!

wakapak
08-06-2008, 14:51
Its funny that we are flirting on here when you are two computers down from me. Hehe! Lets go Hike now, what do ya say??

LOL!! oh alright...let's get outta this town!!!

You two are so cute. Congrats, Wak. We miss you on the thread. Happy hiking you two!

Thanks JenWife!!! Hope all is well with you!! keep those crazies in line over in that thread!!

Thru Hiker Wife
08-06-2008, 14:53
Thanks JenWife!!! Hope all is well with you!! keep those crazies in line over in that thread!!

LOL. Shouldn't be a problem since the thread seems to currently be in sleep mode.

adventurousmtnlvr
08-06-2008, 16:06

I don't know either of you, but the very thought that you love, respect and are proud of your chosen other is so sweet. Wish more men know 'how' to love someone that way. It got to me. Congrats Wakapak for your accomplishments :) And Col Chaco... many have your back regarding your hillbilly episode. Takes all types ... but really, that's what makes life more interesting and challenging :)

Jim Adams
08-06-2008, 16:14
i KNEW sending that Jack Daniels in the mail drop was a mistake!!!!!!!!!

geek

Roots
08-06-2008, 16:47
WHEW WHOOOOO!!!! You go, girl! I am very proud of you too. What an accomplishment.

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!:banana:banana:banana:sun:sun

CrumbSnatcher
08-06-2008, 17:27
jonie loves chachie!!! (DODGE BALL.) wak, ida says hello. send us a list and townstop, we'll send you a box. booze, and?

TOW
08-06-2008, 17:32
I met CC and Wak here right after TD's. Right on!

CrumbSnatcher
08-06-2008, 17:33
i KNEW sending that Jack Daniels in the mail drop was a mistake!!!!!!!!!

geekalot safer than leaving it with you!

rasudduth
08-06-2008, 18:08
Yeah! Congrats to you! You are an amazing person. And I realize I am way behind on mileage!

Lone Wolf
08-06-2008, 19:30
just 5000. it's just walkin'

bfitz
08-06-2008, 20:00
just 5000. it's just walkin'When you're young that's a lot of walkin! Obviously when one gets to be as old as you are the miles cannot so easily be counted.

Sleepy the Arab
08-06-2008, 21:34
Ffppptt.

Short timer.

Lone Wolf
08-06-2008, 21:37
When you're young that's a lot of walkin! Obviously when one gets to be as old as you are the miles cannot so easily be counted.

49 is hardly old. i bet i can out hike your 30 something butt :)

bfitz
08-06-2008, 21:40
49 is hardly old. i bet i can out hike your 30 something butt :)Without a doubt. That is, except for the part about 49 not being old. I mean, like, when was the last time you were carded buying beer? I rest my case.:p

A-Train
08-06-2008, 21:49
Without a doubt. That is, except for the part about 49 not being old. I mean, like, when was the last time you were carded buying beer? I rest my case.:p

They card you for Natty Light? :)

mweinstone
08-07-2008, 05:56
lonewolf , if clean shaven, could get carded. you see young bfitz,....wolf has zenlike mastery over his faceial exspressions. with a pout and a wink he could eaisly fool some young cowboys counter clerk into thinking he was 20.

d'shadow
08-07-2008, 14:16
Ya know Wak, when I met you two in Asheville to pick up Chacotaco, I was impressed with you. The first thing he said to me when we were headed out was that he thought you were an awesome woman. I thought so too. So glad it has worked out for you guys. If you ever pass through Sylva again, you are both welcome to stay in our backpacking room and hang out. Very excited about you getting so close to New England. Can hardly wait for the summit.;)

d'shadow
08-07-2008, 14:18
opps :eek: I mean Maine!:sun

Mother's Finest
08-07-2008, 14:25
thats why when we asked if you wanted to slack from little gap, Chaco looked over at Wak and they both gave each other this look.

It didn't mean anything to me at the time, but now I know it meant we are walking this together. or something like that. and no slack.

peace
mf

jhick
08-07-2008, 14:53
lonewolf , if clean shaven, could get carded. you see young bfitz,....wolf has zenlike mastery over his faceial exspressions. with a pout and a wink he could eaisly fool some young cowboys counter clerk into thinking he was 20.

hmmmm,what would wolf look like without a beard..... :-?

trailangelmary
08-07-2008, 16:23
Chaco & Wak, I love you. May you be blessed with great weather for the views.

Wakapak - congratulations on your milestone! Wak, I will never forget when I met you in '02 and laughing at the story of how you got your trail name and picturing you in that story. Good stuff.

And Chaco thanks again for all your tremendous help at the Billville "event" this year.

warraghiyagey
08-07-2008, 16:33
Wakjen and Colonel Jen, good to hear from you. If you'd like to celebrate with other wanderers, drop us a line and we'll come meet you. It's only a couple hours for us.
Peace:sun

wakapak
08-11-2008, 18:35
Thanks everyone!!!! Love you all too....yes, LW, even you! Tell Gypsy I said hello!!

Geek...thanks for that drop, and it didn't get drank all at once, almost though! and no, no snorting was done!

Crumb...in Manchester Center VT now, will probably be in Hanover NH mid-week next week if you wanna send a drop there, seems we are gonna be stayin with Jack for a nite or so. Tell Ida i said hi, and sorry i've been outta touch, never seems to be enough time to write to everyone!

Trailangel Mary...love you too!!! I'll never forget the first time we met either, but this time in Duncannon was much, much more fun!!!

Matty...we miss you man! "ya hikahs an ya little footsteps in the mud and ya town stops. when i hiked, there were no towns...it was no joke!" LOL!!

Warrgy...we'll be gettin into Rutland this friday for the Long Trail Festival and probably stayin most of sat if not all, if you guys wanted to come and hang with a bunch of wanderers there, that'd be cool!! either that, or come hunt me in NH!!!!

Sleepy...maybe we'll run into you on a trail randomly somewhere...ya know, it has happened before!!

you all rock!! :D

Gray Blazer
08-11-2008, 19:48
Congratz, Wakajen!! Col Chaco, I enjoyed reading your shelterlog entries in GA/NC/TN. It's cool when you find someone you know online at WB on the AT or even in the shelter logs.

Jack Tarlin
08-12-2008, 23:25
5000 is a lot. Nice work, kid, see you soon, hopefully this weekend.

Johnny Thunder
08-13-2008, 08:49
Wako is a thru hiking god. That is all.

d'shadow
08-13-2008, 13:08
Wako is a thru hiking god. That is all.

Wak is a Goddess!!! :sun

5000 miles, congrats WAk! WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT! :banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

Chaco Taco
08-14-2008, 11:16
Yep she is pretty darn special. Had a little celebration at Little Rock Pond. She is my inspriration. Amazing she has put up with me this long!

warraghiyagey
08-14-2008, 11:17
WAKNOODLES!!!!!!! Ssssssup girl? Hey CC!:sun:banana

wakapak
08-14-2008, 11:21
WAKNOODLES!!!!!!! Ssssssup girl? Hey CC!:sun:banana

warrgybeans!!! hey!!! not much, just walkin' in the rain and mud! lol!! like i said on another thread, we've been pretty positive thru all this but it wears on you after awhile!! i had a slight breakdown the other day in the thousandth storm we hiked thru, but all is better now!!! looking forward to the festival this weekend here in Rutland!!! and a much needed break from all the walking!!

mweinstone
08-20-2008, 06:57
heres minnesota smith and chaco taco. see the simularitys? they both are going to be on katadhin soon. they both have mattheweski support. and they both have trail in their blood. rock on sweet taco. did i ever sing you my taco song? "tacos! tacos! read all about it! lettuce , tommatoe,...and cheeese!"

Animal Cracker
08-20-2008, 08:10
I have seen a beardless LW and have pictures of this rarity. He looks young.

hmmmm,what would wolf look like without a beard..... :-?

Chaco Taco
08-20-2008, 18:23
Thanks for posting that pic Mattie! i look so intelligent:)

Trillium
08-20-2008, 18:36
I have seen a beardless LW and have pictures of this rarity. He looks young.
I'd like to see that.

rasudduth
08-21-2008, 12:48
http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/1/1/7/4/8/p8150109_thumb.jpg (http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=27178&c=663)

Powder River
10-09-2008, 23:48
Chaco, Wakapak,

Oh man, you had me going - I really thought you WERE about to announce an impending wedding!! Damn... Oh well, I've got faith in you guys.

Congrats to Wakapak on the insane mileage, and to both of you, for (presumably) summiting by now. What a great hike this has been! I summited on Sept. 26, am back in the real world, and missing the trail. However, it is nice being clean every day, and cotton never felt so good...

It was a pleasure meeting you guys, and good luck!

Powder River

gold bond
10-10-2008, 09:10
I have never had the pleasure of meeting you two but in reading this thread I really envy what you two have! Maybe one day I'll have the pleasure of getting to meet you guys. Congrats and stay safe.