PDA

View Full Version : Lost hiker found near Hogpen Gap

halibut15
08-06-2008, 19:27
Seems like this has happened a lot on the Trail this season...

http://accessnorthgeorgia.com/detail.php?n=212107&c=10

Bulldawg
08-06-2008, 19:46
Old news, the guy was a day hiker who forgot his glasses and got lost.

Ron Haven
08-06-2008, 23:38
Old news, the guy was a day hiker who forgot his glasses and got lost.I'm a little nearsited at times.I was near 3 forks one time and thought I spotted a little cave in the distance.Looked like it moved a little and I thought I was dizzy.I put my glasses on and it was a 300lb bear standing on the side of the hill.:eek:

NICKTHEGREEK
08-07-2008, 06:09
I'm a little nearsited at times.I was near 3 forks one time and thought I spotted a little cave in the distance.Looked like it moved a little and I thought I was dizzy.I put my glasses on and it was a 300lb bear standing on the side of the hill.:eek:
Good thing you didn't walk up and try to crawl in:D

Knocky
08-07-2008, 20:18
I don't want to make light of his situation, but goodness, lost for 24 hours before he used the cell phone to call for help?

Newberry said Kick was on the trail for 24 hours when he realized he could not find his vehicle on his own. He called 911 around 3 p.m. Monday.

orangebug
08-07-2008, 21:53
I don't want to make light of his situation, but goodness, lost for 24 hours before he used the cell phone to call for help?Well, I got lost on Mt K in June when I was caught out late without a headlamp after horrible hail and storming. I lost the trail at a double blaze I could barely pick out of the waning light with a cresent moon disappearing behind more clouds. I wound up stumbling in brush in the dark trying to avoid Katahdin stream falls or worse, finally just sitting down and sitting out the night.

Once in my little nest of branches, I recalled I had a cell phone (iPhone) that was a nice source of light that might have prevented the whole mess.

Monkeywrench
08-08-2008, 07:53
I don't want to make light of his situation, but goodness, lost for 24 hours before he used the cell phone to call for help?

Good for him for trying to extricate himself before calling in the cavalry.

Jason of the Woods
08-08-2008, 08:40
I'm a little nearsited at times.I was near 3 forks one time and thought I spotted a little cave in the distance.Looked like it moved a little and I thought I was dizzy.I put my glasses on and it was a 300lb bear standing on the side of the hill.:eek:
So that's why we get along so well.?:D

Egads
08-08-2008, 17:20
I'm a little nearsited at times.:eek:

I'll remember that and look for your glasses next time I ask you to drive.:cool: