PDA

View Full Version : Man! Am I looking forward to quitting my job.

skinny minnie
08-07-2008, 10:41
Only 9 months to go! Woo!

Seriously though, I think my income after quitting will be from the massive amount of royalties I receive from writing a best-selling book about this place. Think The Office, only an art studio. With a far, far crazier boss.

Odd Thomas
08-07-2008, 11:03

Seriously though, I think my income after quitting will be from the massive amount of royalties I receive from writing a best-selling book about this place. Think The Office, only an art studio. With a far, far crazier boss.

Decided on the appropriate going away "wadayagonna do? fire me?" office prank yet?

skinny minnie
08-07-2008, 11:10
hahaha nope, not yet. still working on it. suggestions are welcome!

Two Speed
08-07-2008, 12:40
Well, if you can't find inspiration from a few discarded items and some office supplies there is always the "making angry Smurf" trick.

gravityman
08-07-2008, 13:01

Art Studio? Did you expect it to be sane :)

It's a great feeling leaving something like that behind. In 2001 I finished Grad School, which was kinda like have a step dad that beat you daily. I was happy to be finished with that. Of course the AT sorta felt the same way, but at least I was more happy to say 'Thank you! May I please have another?'

Monkeywrench
08-07-2008, 13:21
I don't work in an art studio, but I feel exactly the same way. Oh, and I think the countdown is at about 7 1/2 months!

Newb
08-07-2008, 13:42
There is no harsher mistress than than the yawning, demanding chasm of the unhiked trail ahead of you. There is no greater love to lose to the past than trail now trod.

hmm.. let me add...copyright 2008. :)

Doctari
08-07-2008, 15:32
Hey, we are almost twins!

You got 9 months to go, , , I have 9 years & 9 months.

No,,,

wait,,,,

OH :eek: Mine is MUCH MUCH LONGER!

OK, now I hate you

:D :p

Serously, Have a GREAT hike! Take lots of pictures & don't take anything seriously while on the trail, after all, it's only hiking.

And, if you are burning bridges at work, you must go out with a bang. The bigger the better.

I have never been brave enough to do it, but I have dreamed.

(An opened can of Tuna in a heating vent? A gold fish or 3 in the water cooler? KY Jel on the door knob to the bosses office? Go to work in "odd clothing"[ bathing suit, suit of armor, etc.] Drunk [or at least acting so].)

Darwin again
08-07-2008, 17:05
Burn you bridges well.
Nobody ever checks references or employment history!
:rolleyes:

STEVEM
08-07-2008, 19:53
Someday...........maybe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1V8Cb6F-Eo

Jim Adams
08-07-2008, 19:55
It feels sooooo good.....EVERY TIME! :)

geek

skinny minnie
08-08-2008, 08:48
Hahaha. :) Some funny people on here. Thanks guys, cheered up my grumpy morning. And you're right... 8 months to go, not 9!

Gravity man - I will take grad school ANY DAY. Although that made me laugh.

And Newb; a truly inspiring quote. I may brand it on my forearm so I can gaze at every day as I swing my trekking poles bravely onward.

http://gothamist.com/images/milton_looks.jpg

twosticks
08-08-2008, 10:43
there is always the "making angry Smurf" trick.

Angry Smurf trick?

Odd Thomas
08-08-2008, 13:08
Burn you bridges well.
Nobody ever checks references or employment history!
:rolleyes:

You're a slave to the man! :p

Footslogger
08-08-2008, 13:10
I've got you by 2 months ....March 2009 I pull the plug !!

'Slogger

Yukon
08-08-2008, 13:16
Man, I have YEARS AND YEARS left to work :(

Odd Thomas
08-08-2008, 13:21
Man, I have YEARS AND YEARS left to work :(

the whole retirement paradigm is wrong, people should be retired while their reproductive organs are at their peak, and work while they're old and decrepit. ;)

NICKTHEGREEK
08-08-2008, 13:44
There is no harsher mistress than than the yawning, demanding chasm of the unhiked trail ahead of you. There is no greater love to lose to the past than trail now trod.

hmm.. let me add...copyright 2008. :)
Grasp your dayjob very tightly and never let go

squirrel bait
08-08-2008, 13:50
Give them the old Outer Banks Two Weeks Notice. When you pick up your last check say, Hey for the next two weeks you'll NOTICE I won't be here.

paradoxb3
08-08-2008, 16:32
I know exactly how you feel. I'm lookin at about 1 year, 7 months myself. I'm not burning any bridges though, my employer is awesome enough to give me a leave of absence to go thru hike!

Two Speed
08-08-2008, 19:10
An employer who offers the option of a leave of absence to do a thru-hike probably deserves more respectful behaviour on the part of the employee. Really, that's just doing the right thing by someone who's treating you right.

Now if the job's a total PITA and the boss is a Class One Jerk . . . well, that's an animal of a totally different color.

minnesotasmith
08-08-2008, 19:18
Hey, we are almost twins!

And, if you are burning bridges at work, you must go out with a bang. The bigger the better.

I have never been brave enough to do it, but I have dreamed.

(An opened can of Tuna in a heating vent? A gold fish or 3 in the water cooler? KY Jel on the door knob to the bosses office? Go to work in "odd clothing"[ bathing suit, suit of armor, etc.] Drunk [or at least acting so].)

There's a much more malicious one I've heard of (never done, I swear). It doesn't slowly build aroma, but (after a useful delay) suddenly and catastrophically erupts with great effect.

Take a large mayonnaise jar. Fill it about 1/3 full of whole milk. Drop a raw chicken leg in it. Seal. Wipe off all fingerprints. Hide it behind a large refrigerator or other large piece of furniture guaranteed not to be moved or looked behind anytime soon.

After about a month, the bacterial fermentation gases will build up enough pressure to rupture the container. With any luck, a whole building wing will be uninhabitable for hours...

mudhead
08-08-2008, 19:20
Placing explosive devices will get you visited by guys with no sense of humor.

minnesotasmith
08-08-2008, 19:35
Placing explosive devices will get you visited by guys with no sense of humor.

Just think about doing a last-day prank, don't actually do one...