PDA

View Full Version : Ballet Pointe Shoe Toe Pads

Glee
03-13-2004, 22:47
They do look interesting. I noticed they also have another pair of the toes as well http://www.discountdance.com/frame_set.php3?mf=http://www.discountdance.com/dancewear/product_1901.html Do they crowd your feet in anyway or make your boot real tight? Also, did you order them from the same web site or did you get them from some place local?
Thanks

retread
03-18-2004, 00:53
traceyam....I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest to you that the reason your toes jam your boots on a down is because your feet are swimming around in them. Now, I wear a half size larger in a boot than a street shoe and this allows for aftermarket insoles and swelling but I'm guessing that your boots may even be a full size larger. When you try on boots...loosen the laces and scrunch your foot all the way up into the toe of the boot. You should be able to snugly fit your index finger between your heel and the back of your boot...not tight, but not loose either. Snug. That way, when your heel is back in the heel pocket and your boots are laced snug (that word keeps coming up) you should have a space the width of your finger between your toes and the tip of your boot. This is personal opinion...but I think your boots are too big. I used to sell boots and shoes and I sold people what fit them. I sold womens boots to teenagers, mens boots to women and suggested they try different insoles than what came in the boot. BTW...the best fitting boot I ever sold to women was the Montrail Solitude. It is designed specifically for women.

highway
03-18-2004, 08:06
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest to you that the reason your toes jam your boots on a down is because your feet are swimming around in them. ........ This is personal opinion...but I think your boots are too big. .

Retread:I never would have agreed with you until it happened to me. I always heard that one bought hiking shoes larger than one normally wore and i took it at face value and was going up a full size. And, I was getting black toe (bruised toenails) on the Florida Trail in the ocala Forest, where there are no downs(or ups either, for that matter) and in trail runners, too, some less so than in others. Anyway, black toe hurts, bad!.

I discovered a knowledgeable foot person in a larger city an hour's drive south of me and had my feet, blisters/callouses, gait and shoes scrutinized in detail, analyzed and was told that my shoes were, of all things, TOO BIG. About week or so later, Phil Oren's Foot System Clinic was held in the Orlando outfitter, TCO, and I made an appointment there, with him, too. He himself sat with me and analyzed my feet and also said that I was wearing shoes to big. My toes were swimming in the shoe, clawing the soles to stay in place and bruising.
Anyway, I am back to a size that I had earlier felt was to small, with just a small amount of space between toe tips and end of shoe. Your index finger suggestion in your above post is probably correct, per the two knowledgeable people who analyzed my feet, and I had to pay for their help.

Something else interesting was that I found that my feet were not as wide as I had once thought, and I dropped a show width size, too. I was just buying some shoes that were to long and to wide. Another kicker was that I was told my left leg was at least 1/2 inch shorter than the right.

Anyway, all feet are unique, including the length of the legs they are attached to, and what works for one may not work for another. In fact, it probably want. It is my opinion, however, that Retread's index finger suggestion for finding one's correct size for fit, though, is probably better than most.

And shoelaces must be SNUG, too. That is hardest for me to remember as I hate to untie and retie each time I put them on, but I'm trying.

This was my feet and my experience and every foot is unique.