PDA

View Full Version : Getting antsy?

Peak-a-Boo
03-04-2004, 12:50
Well, I am sitting here in my little cubicle, finishing out my last days of employment. At this point, I have no work to do, other than boxing up a few things. So I am sitting here with nothing to do besides think about my upcoming hike. Not that I would think about anything else, anyway...

I just hate sitting here twiddling my thumbs, when there is so much else I could be doing. What can I say, I am more than ready to be out there.

Anyone else feeling this way?

Jaybird
03-04-2004, 14:05
Well, I am sitting here in my little cubicle, finishing out my last days of .................................................. .........................
What can I say, I am more than ready to be out there.

Peak-a-Boo:

i 2nd that emotion! :D

Hammock Hanger
03-04-2004, 15:38
I understand you really suprised Pilgrim Soul the other day. I think you just had to get up to the trail and used suprising him as an excuse...:banana

Good luck on your hike and may the trail and all her glory seep into your soul.

Sue/HH

Nightwalker
03-04-2004, 15:46
I just hate sitting here twiddling my thumbs, when there is so much else I could be doing. What can I say, I am more than ready to be out there.

Oh yeah, like you wouldn't believe. I've upped my departure date from a SOBO June to a NOBO March 15th, 14th, and now 13th.

I may explode!

Somebody conk me in the head if I change that date again, please?

Frank

steph
03-04-2004, 16:31
I can definitely relate.. My last day of work was the 28th of February. Time has really seemed to quicken in the past 5 days.

solace
03-04-2004, 16:38
Yeah, my twin and I (solace & kick the rocks) leave our jobs March 26th, and start NOBO April 9th :D CANNOT WAIT!
My boss comes in, and i quickly quick off this site or rei/ems, lol
Hey HAMMOCK HANGER.. Tom says hello, he talks of you every day!
-----22 days left of the J-O-B !!!

Peak-a-Boo
03-04-2004, 22:40
Hammock Hanger - you actually aren't too far from the truth. I NEEDED to get out and hike that weekend. Pilgrim was just a good excuse to go hiking on the AT. I am just happy I was able to pull off my surprise.

Hammock Hanger
03-04-2004, 23:12
Yeah, my twin and I (solace & kick the rocks) leave our jobs March 26th, and start NOBO April 9th :D CANNOT WAIT!
My boss comes in, and i quickly quick off this site or rei/ems, lol
Hey HAMMOCK HANGER.. Tom says hello, he talks of you every day!
-----22 days left of the J-O-B !!!
Unbelievable!!!! As soon as I saw the words twin and "kick the rocks" I knew who you were.

Tell Tom/KTR that i send my love and know that you two will have the adventure of a lifetime. I am hiking the Colorado Trail this summer. I sent my regards to camp. Mike called the other night and left a message for me to call...:datz Sorry, I'm on the trail this summer, YEHAW!!! Sue/HH

zammy
03-05-2004, 09:48
start day is April 13th, I'm sitting here, not much work to do, waiting for someone to lease my apartment, tent (squall) has arrived, almost everything
is here. MORE THEN ONE MONTH to go, weeee.
I am surfing the forums most of the day\night , maybe I'll discover new info, doubt it.
I was even thinking of leaving early then that, stop on the way in England for a short (150 miles) walk in the Wey valley in Wales, or a short walk in France...but then we have PAssover on the 8th, another family holiday that if I won't show up they'll ..I don't know. And then a friend asked me to catsit a ..cat till the 1st. so I'll have to stay till the "end", and then 6 months away from here. Can't wait, the tingles in my toes and feet are getting worse.
Don't forget one must keep training too.

ChicagoRob
03-05-2004, 11:33
Last week I changed my start date from Apr. 28 to March 21. Just gave the notice at work yesterday... I was suprised at the reactions, a lot of people I told yesterday had there own stories of dreams and goals never realized (like the guy who always wanted to row a canoe down the length of the Mississippi River). It all made me feel very good about my decision.

SalParadise
03-05-2004, 17:06
You bet I'm anxious. I had to fight the urge to give my job two entire months notice just because it's the last tie I need to break before I go. I feel like this stupid banana.

fuzz
03-05-2004, 22:23
My thru isn't until 2006 and I'm already antsy! I envy you all. The anticipation is a great feeling though. I hope you all have a great time out there...

Dreaming
03-05-2004, 23:55
I certainly can agree with that...I am not going until March 2005...nobody where I works believes that I am actually going to do that...they all think I am certifiable anyway since I spend every available moment hiking, even in the wonderful Montana winters :jump I would love to be able to leave NOW, however, that's not a possiblity, so I will dream away the months until I can!! Happy hiking:jump

eldwayno
03-06-2004, 01:05
Wow, only two days left in my lovely Central New York home before it's off to the mountains. You bet your ass I'm antsy however also nervous as hell. I'm getting last minute things together, packing up maildrops, and to complicate things even more I've been running around the past two days getting estimates for car repair, I was in an accident Wednesday nite, but that's another story. So needless to say busy, antsy and nervous, but bring it on.

Skipper
03-07-2004, 17:50
I too am sitting around looking out the window at the snow and waiting for the 6th of April to fly to Atlanta. Should be hiking on the 7th. Last year, I made 1147 miles before straining ligaments in my knee. Knee is healed and it wants to be back on the trail. Hope to go all the way this year!
Skipper

Well, I am sitting here in my little cubicle, finishing out my last days of employment. At this point, I have no work to do, other than boxing up a few things. So I am sitting here with nothing to do besides think about my upcoming hike. Not that I would think about anything else, anyway...